OK, so who remembers this truck?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, the 1st thing we had to do once it was at it's new home in NC was to get the brakes working right. The right side caliper was hung up, so I enlisted some help from a friend, and he got some brakes back in it.

Posted Image

Life in Ohio sucks for 20 year old vehicles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, if it's time to rebuild, let's get rid of the grandpa high-rise shell then:

Posted Image

Got a pair of 4WD fenders, chrome front bumper, grilles and lights and the newer style hood from a doner Pathfinder:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then got a set of power doors from the same truck. So, I have the only 1987 Nissan Hardbody I know of with factory power windows.

Posted Image

Got the entire truck in primer, and added a set of Denali 16" wheels. Still have to get the blank caps.

Posted Image

So, now it's time to start on the audio again. Parts started showing up at the shop for it.

new accordion boot, since the old one had to be destroyed:

Posted Image

18" Nightshades arrived:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got some starter wire, it'll take about double this to finish:

Posted Image

Single SAZ-3000D:

Posted Image

And the Team Nemesis Captain DJ dropped these by for me:

Posted Image

Then I wired it up for the new charging system. Ohio Gen 300 amp externally regulated 13-20V and a Kinetik 16V. Still have to do some loom and clean up work here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got the enclosure in, and framed out:

Posted Image

Now, I have to redo the baffle, because the current sub position puts the tuning too high for my liking. That will probably happen tonight/tomorrow. I have to work today, so not much is going to get done on the truck today I'm afraid.

It's getting there finally. I've waited a long time to start on it, and now I finally have the time. I took 3 weeks vacation, since I'm switching jobs on Fort Bragg, I had to burn up some vacation time. So I've still got 2 more weeks off work before I start my new job.

Archived