Jump to content

Suggestions Please On 6 1/2" Convertible Components


Nightshade

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone out there have any suggestions on some of these types of components? For those of you that don't know a convertible component is a component system that can be converted to a coaxial. Or it offers a bridge that allows the tweeter to be placed over the woofer. I have one in mind that I'm looking into and it's the Alpine Type X model SPX-17ref 6 1/2". They are a step down from the top of the line Alpine Type X pro's, but none the less look to be a good component for the price too. I've owned MB Quart Reference 6 1/2 convertible's and they are nice, but I want to try something different. Please list any that you know of and how well they perform. I can get the Alpine's from a local shop for $200 so I don't want to go over that price.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Posted

I was thinking boston pro's but they're a bit out of your price range, not many companies make convertables, the offer coax and component, the companies that do only offer the convertable in that series usually. Good luck finding a set, update us with what you get.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Posted

Companies that make convertibles that I know of are MB Quart, Alpine, CDT, Boston, Kicker, and Rockford. I'm kind of leaning towards the Alpine's cause they look badass and I'm sure they sound as good as they look. But in the back of my mind I'm kind of thinking the CDT's. I have locations for 6 1/2 in the doors and I plan on adding a 4" component in the A pillars in the future too. I have a 4 channel that I'm only using 2 channels of so that's why i want to do 4's too, so I can use the other 2 channels and also bring up the sound stage.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 927 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...