Need Help With Building A Computer

lolz now i gotta save up a lil bit (wont take long) and order this shizit.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

Everything on the list above looks good and will be compatiable with each other..

Even if you decided to overclock or learn how to, your selected power supply should provide way more then enough juice, tho its a off brand name that I have not heard of.

But you got a good processor picked out, a asus board (one of the better/best mobos), and corsair ram (which is the best hands down outta all memory companies). The msi video card is so so, Id suggust a evga card if possible otherwise at least a xfx card, msi is a tad on the cheaper quality side of things.

Hard drive is alright, Id try to stay away from western digital imo. Ive use to run their drives until I got smart and stopped buying them and moved to seagate. Ive burnt up over 4 western digitals already, they seem not to last as long to me.

Id also look for a hard drive with at least a 16mb cache, if not 32mb, and wont cost you too much more.

Id look into this seagate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822148335

Its $79 free shipping, 32mb cache, 7,200rpm, sata 3.0gb/s, and 640gigs of space. Much better value then the Western digital you selected.

If price is too much for that drive, my next choice would be this seagate that has the same specs as the above drive, but a 500gig, and $69 with free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822148288

Also, most the times there is a jumper on the drives that have to be removed or placed on a different pin to get the 3.0gb/s speed, other wise they run at 1.5gb/s.

k i will switch to the first hd you suggested and im also going with a different case. now im damn near at 1,000 bux lol. maybe that's why i gave up on my last attempt of building a computer lol.

Edited by lance_aka_64

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

XION = the poof! It's based on a very over-rated Sunbeamtech (oops, SuperFlower) design that doesn't like cross loads at all. The VX750W from Corsair is based on a CWT design and will do rated wattage easily, tollerates cross loads well and is conservatively rated.

FWIW, I've got two WD SATA 160's from 2003 that haven't given me a bit of trouble aside from having fragile SATA data connectors. Although, they've beefed up their port design quite a bit since then. After Seagate bought Maxtor and relabeled Maxtor drives as Seagates, I have a hard time recommending them.

Edited by madmat

k i will switch to the first hd you suggested and im also going with a different case.

Sounds good mang :)

I think you will have a very fast computer. You will be amazed by it and very happy!!

Also almost all cases will work with all motherboards. The only cases you want to stay away from are cases made for "micro atx" or "matx". The micro atx cases are not as tall as a mid tower or a full tower case, they are made for micro atx motherboards which are much shorter. A regular sized motherboard like you have selected wont fit in a micro atx case, but a matx/micro atx mobo will fit in all cases (micro, mid, and full tower). Just a little fyi for when your looking at cases.

Oh and if you want to save a few more bucks, look for a case that does not come with a power supply. Theres a lot of cases that do come with power supplies, but they are cheaper no name brand low wattage/amperage power supplies that are $20 baddies.

oh yea i made sure to look for the rite size case. i think the cool master will be huge but it looks cool too.

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

XION = the poof! It's based on a very over-rated Sunbeamtech design that doesn't like cross loads at all. The VX750W from Corsair is based on a CWT design and will do rated wattage easily, tollerates cross loads well and is conservatively rated.

Which is why I said its a unheard of brand, but the specs seem to be good, it does seem a bit pricey tho for a unheard of brand. I personally wouldnt buy the xion, unless it was super cheap. Ive ran a old thermaltake for about 6 years, and when it finally puked I bought a 500watt dual 12volt rosewill which I was told they go poof too, also read alot of bad reviews, so far its working great.

You can never go wrong tho with a corsair power supply, or corsair anything.

The Corsair 750 is way cheaper in price then the xion, but the corsair only offers a single 12 volt rail, this will limit his ability to run sli down the road like he wants to, unless he uses the adapter plugs for power connections, or buy a new powersupply. Here is the 750 we are talking about. It does state that it is a sli ready power supply, but it only has two 6/8 pin harness for the video cards, and the newer cards are using two 6 pin plugs each. So it would do sli on older cards such as 7800/7900/8800 series cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139006

And here is the corsair Id get, its a little less wattage, but provides three 12 volt rails for ease of future upgrades. Either powersupply would give you enough juice for anything you plan to upgrade or overclocking you do.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139002

FWIW, I've got two WD SATA 160's from 2003 that haven't given me a bit of trouble aside from having fragile SATA data connectors. Although, they've beefed up their port design quite a bit since then. After Seagate bought Maxtor and relabeled Maxtor drives as Seagates, I have a hard time recommending them.

Me, I just had bad expierences with the WD drives, and am staying away. I leave my pc on 24/7, with only restrating when I got a cal or cevo match to play. My current 250 seagate has been flawless for over 4 years now.

One of my old wd drives had the power connections short out some how, I have 2 other drives that got very loud and noisey not to mention that the seek time got very slow on them, it take for ever to open a music folder up. I have another drive that is over half full of bad clusters, and another wd drive that works when it wants (some times you gotta give it a smack, it likes to spin at very high rpms, well over 7200 that it should) It sounds like a helicopter. LOL

some of my old wd drives.

11-08-08_0720.jpg

Which is why I said its a unheard of brand, but the specs seem to be good, it does seem a bit pricey tho for a unheard of brand. I personally wouldnt buy the xion, unless it was super cheap. Ive ran a old thermaltake for about 6 years, and when it finally puked I bought a 500watt dual 12volt rosewill which I was told they go poof too, also read alot of bad reviews, so far its working great.

You can never go wrong tho with a corsair power supply, or corsair anything.

The Corsair 750 is way cheaper in price then the xion, but the corsair only offers a single 12 volt rail, this will limit his ability to run sli down the road like he wants to, unless he uses the adapter plugs for power connections, or buy a new powersupply. Here is the 750 we are talking about. It does state that it is a sli ready power supply, but it only has two 6/8 pin harness for the video cards, and the newer cards are using two 6 pin plugs each. So it would do sli on older cards such as 7800/7900/8800 series cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139006

And here is the corsair Id get, its a little less wattage, but provides three 12 volt rails for ease of future upgrades. Either powersupply would give you enough juice for anything you plan to upgrade or overclocking you do.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139002

Me, I just had bad expierences with the WD drives, and am staying away. I leave my pc on 24/7, with only restrating when I got a cal or cevo match to play. My current 250 seagate has been flawless for over 4 years now.

One of my old wd drives had the power connections short out some how, I have 2 other drives that got very loud and noisey not to mention that the seek time got very slow on them, it take for ever to open a music folder up. I have another drive that is over half full of bad clusters, and another wd drive that works when it wants (some times you gotta give it a smack, it likes to spin at very high rpms, well over 7200 that it should) It sounds like a helicopter. LOL

some of my old wd drives.

11-08-08_0720.jpg

Actually the VX750W has four 6+2 PCI-e connectors. It'll SLI anything in dual card SLI you care to throw at it. I know this, I co-wrote this review.

Lol I could of swore newegg said it just had only 2. I even went back and looked at it, and it does say 4..

Maybe Im just really tired. been up all night. Lol

Yea, the corsair 750 would be a great choice then, no need for the higher priced corsair.

Get the corsair VX750W and save your self $50 once you do the mail in rebate, and it will for sure outperform the xion thingy.

I seen the corsairs at a computer shop, and their cheapest one was $200, I never really looked into online prices with them before, but thats retail pricing for ya. Lol

Yeah man, brick and mortar PC shops are great if you just have to have the part that day but for something that's not critical you just can't beat buying online.

Oh, yeah just so you know, I'm not anti-Seagate, I've got three 7200.9 500 gigs in my PC now but without looking into one their drives enough to be certain it's indeed a Seagate built drive rather than a Maxtor rebadged as Seagate I can't just give them a blanket thumbs up. Sucks you've had so much distress from WD. FYI on buying a WD drive, should you ever get another, if you buy retail boxed drives you get all of one year warranty on it. If it's OEM (bagged or white box) it'll have three years for non-enterprise drives and five for enterprise class drives.