Second Skin Audio

Thinking About 8's

8s are fun speakers, get the right 8, and build the right box, you will definitely be impressed, and impress others

I just did a DD 1508 8" in a horn loaded box, and it sounded amazing for low end, and SQ, got pretty loud too

have you got a pic of the horn you did, or the design of said box. I am really thinking about the dd1508, but in a t-line, how much more space does a horn take up?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

here ya go

horn8a.jpg

DSCN0353.jpg

DSCN0352.jpg

DSCN0355.jpg

BTW, its a horn loaded- Ported box, so its ported- tuned to about 35-38hz, but because of the horn, it drops it down to about 30hz, gives the box a larger subwoofer presence, over KNOWING its a 8"

This was playing cleaner lows than typical 12"s

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I ussualy try and have my port mouth in th same side as the cone. Cause I like to build my boxes to fit into the vehicle side to side and take up the least amout of space and be able to do a nice clean install. what kind of numbers did that thing do, and at what freq? how much power to it and what vehicle?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

I ussualy try and have my port mouth in th same side as the cone. Cause I like to build my boxes to fit into the vehicle side to side and take up the least amout of space and be able to do a nice clean install. what kind of numbers did that thing do, and at what freq? how much power to it and what vehicle?

I have no idea, I built it for a customer

I usually have the port firing same direction as the sub to, but this is one case where it didnt make much difference, it was a trunk car

In my Denali, it was sounding nice, but due to the cabin air space, there were some restrictions on output, but when the box was finally installed, the guy said he loved it, and was loud enough for him

I want to use the same design in a CRX style box, maybe in my truck for some much bigger subs ;-)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

bigger...... nice!!!!!! I am always concerned about blocking the port mouth against the side of the trunk, or against the wheel-well. does it realy have that afect? or does it not matter. Also, could it cause noise if its up against the side of the vehilce?

Edited by jhmeg2

OiRYFHf.png

bigger...... nice!!!!!! I am always concerned about blocking the port mouth against the side of the trunk, or against the wheel-well. does it realy have that afect? or does it not matter. Also, could it cause noise if its up against the side of the vehilce?

port can fore against something, like a trunk lid, or wheel well, as long as it is spaced at least as far as the ports width, but pressed against it, there will be electrical, and mechanical restrictions and cause the sub to blow possibly

sundown.jpg