Installing 2k System Do I Need A New Alt?

I have a crunch pzi 2000.1D, I'm getting a btl 12. Just wondering what I need to do to my stock electrical system.

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

2 Alpine MRP-F300 Highs amp

3 Pairs of Alpine SPS-69C3 Highs

Kinetic Hc 2400,1400,& 3800

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U

At the least, upgrade the Big 3 with 1/0 wiring and minimum get a 2nd battery.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

what's the amperage on your stock alternator now? do you know?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I have a crunch pzi 2000.1D, I'm getting a btl 12. Just wondering what I need to do to my stock electrical system.

that crunch is wayyy overrated, only has an 80amp fuse on it,

so it might only be doing 800 watts.

you might as well go for a fi ssd

With that power try a FI Q series or their Fully loaded BL it will perform better with that power than the stiff BTL. Better efficiency for amp/sub match is better than a underpowered BTL anyday! Lesson learned form scott himself!!!

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

what's the amperage on your stock alternator now? do you know?

No I don't but how do I find out. I'm going get a rf T20001bd

Edited by Shotta76

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U

for 800 watts, its not really going to matter, you should be fine. Chances are you have something 90-130amps, easiest way to tell is to open the hood and check the model number of your alt if you can see it.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Guest Just_Rob
No I don't but how do I find out. I'm going get a rf T20001bd

Most likely you have a 100 Amp or 130 Amp (with tow package) Denso Hairpin alternator.. I have the same 4.0V-6 in my '06 Tacoma... If you have the 100 Amp, it's really easy to convert to a 160 Amp and with an overdrive pulley and it's not too much $$$ which is what I did to mine... Your best bet if you have the 130A is to just put an overdrive pulley on it and add batteries... Idle speed on the 4.0V-6 is extremely low, like 1500 RPM at the alternator so the main issue is not giving anything up on the bottom end.. Some of the Taco's and FJ's had Bosch 90 amp alts on them, but I have only seen one of them... The hairpin type Denso alternators are about as good as it gets for low idle output and durability and the 180/160 Amp alternators will make about 110-120 amps at idle on that truck.. Rob

Most likely you have a 100 Amp or 130 Amp (with tow package) Denso Hairpin alternator.. I have the same 4.0V-6 in my '06 Tacoma... If you have the 100 Amp, it's really easy to convert to a 160 Amp and with an overdrive pulley and it's not too much $$$ which is what I did to mine... Your best bet if you have the 130A is to just put an overdrive pulley on it and add batteries... Idle speed on the 4.0V-6 is extremely low, like 1500 RPM at the alternator so the main issue is not giving anything up on the bottom end.. Some of the Taco's and FJ's had Bosch 90 amp alts on them, but I have only seen one of them... The hairpin type Denso alternators are about as good as it gets for low idle output and durability and the 180/160 Amp alternators will make about 110-120 amps at idle on that truck.. Rob

Just checked I have a Denso Hairpin alt but how do I tell whether it 100 or 130 a tow hitch came with the truck.

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U