Man, I just thought about this.  It would be cool to share stories about the crazy shit people say after you work on their car and something goes wrong.  I think the most common is "I think I've got a loose wire".  Lmfao

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I had a guy bring his car in and I installed a Yellow top Battery, Alt, amps, subs & a deck.  It was a acura integra.  I noticed when I was under the hood that it had a new motor in it.  It was an H22 out of a prelude.  Anyway, dude calls me up an hour after he left my shop and said I broke his A.C.  I told him to bring it back up to the shop so I could look at it.  Well it turns out that he just bought the car and didn't know that the A.C. had been removed to make room for the new motor!  He just thought it was broken and was gonna have me do work under the hood and blame it on me.  When I explained to him that he didn't even have A.C. he got pissed and hauled ass!  I'll never forget that shit.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

back in like 99'-00' I did a very simple deck install in a Toyota something. it was Iso din mounting, but very simple. Just the basic 2 plug harness, installed it, and she was gone, easy, no problems, and car was clean, and relatively new. 2 weeks later, I hear her dash caught on fire, and the people at the auto shop who have worked on the car pretty often, because it was a salvaged car ( not that I knew it was) Said whoever installed the deck pluged the stereo plugs in to the ac unit....... Okayyyy

I assume it was just cause it was salvaged, and the mechanics putting everything back together in the car kinked some wires, or somethin was never replaced, when it should have been..... The fire started when she went to turn  her AC on..... and poof....... wasnt me

:w00t:

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i put a deck in a person car. and the brake lights and reverse lights didn't work... explain that one.... no fuses were blown... but i told him to go have someone look at it and come back to me i never saw him again

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Guest MegaloManiac

i put a deck in a person car. and the brake lights and reverse lights didn't work... explain that one.... no fuses were blown... but i told him to go have someone look at it and come back to me i never saw him again

something simlar happend with my cousins car his dash light went out, but it as not because of the radio later found out

back in like 99'-00' I did a very simple deck install in a Toyota something. it was Iso din mounting, but very simple. Just the basic 2 plug harness, installed it, and she was gone, easy, no problems, and car was clean, and relatively new. 2 weeks later, I hear her dash caught on fire, and the people at the auto shop who have worked on the car pretty often, because it was a salvaged car ( not that I knew it was) Said whoever installed the deck pluged the stereo plugs in to the ac unit....... Okayyyy

I assume it was just cause it was salvaged, and the mechanics putting everything back together in the car kinked some wires, or somethin was never replaced, when it should have been..... The fire started when she went to turn  her AC on..... and poof....... wasnt me

wait so was it your fault or not

if so thats fucked up man

supersweet.gif

Man we have gotten a few of these bs complaints from customers...Some times they want some thing installed in a part of the car that's messed up then come and say

"hey that scratch wasn't there before"!! :angry03:

yeah! i hear ya... same type of sh!t @ my work! for example, we put a 6'' lift kit on someones truck... 1 week later the tranny starts leaking fluid. even though we never touched the tranny, it was still our doing... yeah right!  :matrix:

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

wait so was it your fault or not

if so thats fucked up man

Noooo!! it was a simple install,  2 plugs, no cutting, simple iso mount-I even seen the after fire (which wasnt really a fire, just fried wires) and they were no where close to the deck... well, they were the ac harness behind the dash...  But the thing is, the shop/I was blamed for it, and had to go thru the whole deal, had to prove it wasnt the shop- which it wasnt

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.