Vets... Who Gets Drunk To Cope?

So 4 deployments (fucking three in Iraq) are starting to mess with my home life. Are any of you in the same boat? No politics crap, just your experience with trying to be, stay or be home and not be a problem with your family. I just want to finally settle in because I am going to be home for a while. I have been drinking Jack and have an Ambian in my mouth. This has proven to be the only way for me to sleep an entire night. I am not looking for sympathy as I was a combat vet years ago, but I would like to know there are more like me who don' sleep anymore.

i was going to enlist in march. but, i found out about a serious medical problem i have so it was a no go. then 3 weeks ago i found out my brother is m.i.a. over in iraq. his platoon went on a patrol and encountered some fire. no one has heard from him since them. they highly doubt he will be recovered. this was going to be his final tour. it was his 5th. he has already been shot at by the iraqi and hit from friendly fire. they still kept him there. he has been lost for going on 4 weeks now. i have been in the same boat as you. i havent slept but a few hours a night since i found all this out.

----reference's----

meade916

i was going to enlist in march. but, i found out about a serious medical problem i have so it was a no go. then 3 weeks ago i found out my brother is m.i.a. over in iraq. his platoon went on a patrol and encountered some fire. no one has heard from him since them. they highly doubt he will be recovered. this was going to be his final tour. it was his 5th. he has already been shot at by the iraqi and hit from friendly fire. they still kept him there. he has been lost for going on 4 weeks now. i have been in the same boat as you. i havent slept but a few hours a night since i found all this out.

Fuck brother! What is his name? I suggest a PM on that but I wish I were out ther right now so I could help... This is my problem, I want to help everyone and I know there is no way. I'll help you though. PM me the detailes. Where are you know? What is his Unit?Do you have his APO? I would love to send things to them for xmas.

Fuck brother! What is his name? I suggest a PM on that but I wish I were out ther right now so I could help... This is my problem, I want to help everyone and I know there is no way. I'll help you though. PM me the detailes. Where are you know? What is his Unit?Do you have his APO? I would love to send things to them for xmas.

i dont know awhole lot besides he was a transorter. we had a huge falling out when he decided to marry my ex-girlfriend when he came home the first time. then the last time he came home we talked and he got a call saying he had less than 13 hours to report to his base in georgia. the last words i said to him were fuck off. his name is gary reinke jr. he went by gary or butch. i am located in cleveland, ohio.

----reference's----

meade916

i dont know awhole lot besides he was a transorter. we had a huge falling out when he decided to marry my ex-girlfriend when he came home the first time. then the last time he came home we talked and he got a call saying he had less than 13 hours to report to his base in georgia. the last words i said to him were fuck off. his name is gary reinke jr. he went by gary or butch. i am located in cleveland, ohio.

I'll keep him in my thoughts brother. It sucks man, my men are going back without me this year. I got promoted out of a position and get to stay home. The wife nd kids love it but man... I want to go back. Can't take me from the sound of the guns.

thats exactly how he was. he changed alot going there. he was a little off to begin with but once he had his first taste of guns and had his first kill he went really off the deep end.

----reference's----

meade916

thats exactly how he was. he changed alot going there. he was a little off to begin with but once he had his first taste of guns and had his first kill he went really off the deep end.

Believe me homie, I have been in some shit, I just want to know who else has been there.