Sundown Audio

Looking For Some Suggestions

pervitizm

So I just go a pair of 06KX2500.1 kicker amps to replace my slightly malfuntioning Autotek Mean Machine 4000.1D amp. For the Autotek I've been running it off of one Yellowtop battery along with the factory battery for the truck. I'm thinking about going with more batteries for the pair of kickers but I'm not sure how many I should go with or which brands. I was thinking maybe one to two more yellowtop batteries or maybe just go with like 4 of those HC600 Kinetiks batteries.

The reason I'm thinking the 4 Kinetiks is because of space under my second row back seats. To fit the yellow tops under the seat would require me to tear up my rear seat cover. It's a hard plastic cover that covers up the seat rails to the second row seats. I'm currently using it to hold my fuse/ground blocks as well as Autotek amp. If I go with the bigger batteries (YellowTops), I'll have to ditch that cover or hack it up to hell and back and I'm not sure if I want to do that. What do you guys think I should do? I remember reading somewhere that going with multiple smaller batteries in parallal will help out better with voltage and recharge time is that true? Costs wise this the price is right around the same. Some where around $400 for either 4 smaller batteries or two big ones.

By the way I have my system hooked up to a battery isolator (Please don't give me no shit about that. Been there done that isolator is in for now) and my stock alt which is 115/160amp. I'll be stepping up my alt within the next two months or so but I want to get the kickers in by next week and the Autotek out and to the shop. So with a stock alt putting out around 115/160amps, and one battery already dedicated to the sub amp(s) how many more batteries should I buy?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I say for space wise, put the yellow top under the hood and get you 3 Powermaster D925! Should be enough juicy for those zx2500.1s. Holla at Mechman for the price. Good guys!

http://mechman.com/store/product_info.php/.../products_id/35

You can also think about 2 D1200 Powermaster batt

http://mechman.com/store/product_info.php/.../products_id/28

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

I say for space wise, put the yellow top under the hood and get you 3 Powermaster D925! Should be enough juicy for those zx2500.1s. Holla at Mechman for the price. Good guys!

http://mechman.com/store/product_info.php/.../products_id/35

You can also think about 2 D1200 Powermaster batt

http://mechman.com/store/product_info.php/.../products_id/28

x2 and ontop of the amazing batteries, mechman is an awesome guy, i've gone through him before and would reconmend him to anyone in a hearbeat

great guy with great stuff

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

I'm already running a Yellowtop under the hood. I' have two batteries, the yellowtop that is feeding power to my Autotek, and the factory battery that powering everything else in the truck.

What is the difference between the powermaster and the Kinetiks besides price?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Archived