How many Amps for stock ALT for Acura Integra LS 99' 2 door

I am trying to look up how many amps my alternator is but cant find it anywhere, I have an Acura Integra LS 1999

Baylor University

Accounting

I am trying to find the max amount of power i can have for my system. I went to RF's efficiency calculator because i figured your amp consumes more amps than what is actually being put out.  So if you have an amp at 800 Watts RMS at 13.8 volts that equals (=) about 58 amps drawn from your alternator. BUT actually it is more because that amp may be only 70 percent efficient. So by using the two equations Rockford Fosgate gives (basic mathmatic equations) Input Power=output power/efficiency    and    Efficiency= output power/ amplifier input

So input power = 800 (watts)/.70 which equals (=)1143 watts.

Using ohms law 

Amps=power/volts

Amps=1143 / 13.8

=83 amps

But then i get to this screen

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/amp_...iciency.asp#ohm

it says that since music is dynamic and not one test tone, you really only use about 50 % of the amps.

"Because music is dynamic in nature, it will be easier for the amplifier to reproduce than test tones. Our testing has shown that it is typical for an amplifier to consume on average roughly 50% of its maximum input current on such.

So, this amplifier is likely to consume, on average, the following amount of current when driven to clipping with music:"

so .5(83)=42 amps

am i suppose to go by this, and assume that even tho when my amps output power is 800 Watts RMS (but music is dynamic so it changes) that it is really only drawing close to 40 amps. Because if i only have 60 amps to give (assuming that 30 amps are given to the rest of the car and elctrical system) 40 amps and 83 amps plays a big factor in this, and i dont want to have alternator/electrical system problems.

So how should i follow the 50% rule.

Baylor University

Accounting

Archived