Sonic Electronix

I take it that wires from a HU are about 16-18ga thick. How long do you leave a 30 watt soldering iron on them. I let the iron heat for 20 minutes. I held the iron under the wire for about 2 mins and the wire still didn't melt. Yes, I tinned the wire properly. Does my soldering iron need to heat for another 20 mins.

Here is a pic of the iron I just bought al wal-mart.

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

i use one like this for my soildering http://bmwdean.home.att.net/soldergun.htm

soldergunbox.jpg

heres another link to there website http://www.wenproducts.com/solderingtools.aspx there soldering irons are the best imo, take only 4sec to heat up and has diff tips u can use for diff things, well worth the money to, the one i have is the older one like in the top pic but mines black, ied invest in one if u do much soildering, i'll never go back to one of those shitty pointy tips again, this thing gets hot in 4 secs and gets cool in about 10secs

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

oh, well the way i soilder is i stick the tip to the wire, while heating up teh wire i let the soilder run down the iron and onto the wire then i'll move it around with the iron then just tin it more after that, hope that helps but everyone to there own i guess, good luck with ur project

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

why dont you just crimp them much easyer im my opinion

TEAM NEMESIS

my system

1) us amps MD3D, us amps md21

2) kicker solo x 12 in 2.7ft^3 at 37hz

Meca scores

1 xxx12" 141.8db at 40hz,

1 18 rd alpha v.2 145 db at 38hz , 2 12 orion hp 144.9 at 43hz

Refs: hollatchaboy, schrummy, nitro_freak1,Brandon15zzz,Hellbound Train

why dont you just crimp them much easyer im my opinion

:01nocomment8so:

I bought one of those irons just cause i needed something cheap. That thing fucking sucks :( i went to home depot and got a weller and it works perfect.

Heres some 16ga i soldered

a8f8676e.jpg

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

:01nocomment8so:

I bought one of those irons just cause i needed something cheap. That thing fucking sucks :( i went to home depot and got a weller and it works perfect.

Heres some 16ga i soldered

a8f8676e.jpg

I went to Lowes and got one for $13.98. It's a Weller. What model do you have? This is the 25 watt model.