Safe Alternator Voltage For D2400

Guest DC Power Kyle

Mechman and Missinglink, you guys are both sound like good guys. When I talked to Mechman he had nothing bad to say about the MLA module....

Running a battery hot +15 is the same as running a anp under the rated ohm load is it good for it no, but if you are trying for the best, then there are some sacrifices to longevity.. IMOA

Just_Rob you got owned... IMOA

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

I always tell my customers that our product will work just fine with an MLA module if they ask. I have never said that the higher resting voltage won't make the system louder, I merely side with the battery manufacturers on what their optimum charging voltage is. The fact remains however, that a 91102R will work just fine in a daily driven application, and if properly wired, can appear and function the same as an OEM unit. (in 98% of applications) I have no beef with MLA, but I think Ol' Rob might want to settle down just a tad.

We tell people we work with most alternators yours included. We have been getting customers saying they were PM'd and told they dont need a module if they run your alt. Plus its been posted as well no worries bro!!!

As for Rob:

Rob knows his fair share on denzo alts and since you both build alts and have plenty to say , it keeps things from being one sided and gives us more options. Also it allows forum members to get their questions answered from different outlooks. Maybe you guys should meet at a LA comp and battle for supremacy!!!

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Mechman and Missinglink, you guys are both sound like good guys. When I talked to Mechman he had nothing bad to say about the MLA module....

Running a battery hot +15 is the same as running a anp under the rated ohm load is it good for it no, but if you are trying for the best, then there are some sacrifices to longevity.. IMOA

Just_Rob you got owned... IMOA

People have their own veiws on whats right is all. At the end of the day its all water under the bridge to us.

Batteries) I would rather have full power from my batts than an under charged bank of batteries. Your louder when things are full !!! Take every other sport for example if we never pushed the limits where would things be? For audio 180DB would still be a myth.

Rob has passion for his company and opinions are good for us to learn different angles and points of view. When they discuss differences we win with knowledge. We will always have the who knows more posts which we all can learn from.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

MLA that is a bad azz Idea.... If ROB and Mechman could get together and have a alternator Comp. I will satart the judging rules,

1) 1 ALT each company allowed in competition "robs small case Denso Vrs Mech large case"

2) all tests done at 15.2 Volts

3) Most amps at "idle"

4) Run at max rated amps,

5) dead short

Alternators to be purchased by anonymous members of SMD, and then the money refunded at the Show when the alternator is presented in the original un opened shipped box..

That would be the sh*t.........

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

People have their own veiws on whats right is all. At the end of the day its all water under the bridge to us.

Batteries) I would rather have full power from my batts than an under charged bank of batteries. Your louder when things are full !!! Take every other sport for example if we never pushed the limits where would things be? For audio 180DB would still be a myth.

Rob has passion for his company and opinions are good for us to learn different angles and points of view. When they discuss differences we win with knowledge. We will always have the who knows more posts which we all can learn from.

MLA

Im definatly with you on the batteries part and on the rob part.I talk to you everynow and then on the phone chris and i really value your knowledge and wisedom.Because i know you have been there and done that,so when you tell me something is good,i know i can without a doubt go with it.So thank you for that.and your quad module is one of the best upgrades ive put on my truck.

MLA that is a bad azz Idea.... If ROB and Mechman could get together and have a alternator Comp. I will satart the judging rules,

1) 1 ALT each company allowed in competition "robs small case Denso Vrs Mech large case"

2) all tests done at 15.2 Volts

3) Most amps at "idle"

4) Run at max rated amps,

5) dead short

Alternators to be purchased by anonymous members of SMD, and then the money refunded at the Show when the alternator is presented in the original un opened shipped box..

That would be the sh*t.........

Id love to see that myself.but on your rule number 1 wouldnt you need to compare apples to apples?but the rest sounds good,that way they couldnt just build one alt for the competition if an anonymous member bought one.

your correct number 1 is a little biased....

I was just using what the two were arguing about. There probally needs to be a amp limit or something..

Worst case scenerio; everyone would get some kick azz Alts thru the mail for the next couple of months...LOL..

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

Guest Just_Rob

Well Rob, you might want to have a little more information before you take away from your own credibility. We don't sell ANY denso Alternators, (or any small alternator for that matter) we exclusively build large case alternators, and then custom machine them so that they fit in place of pathetic little 80 amp Densos. Perhaps if you knew anything about my product (or the alternator industry for that matter) you would know that Regitar was bought out by Transpo. You might then also know that we include regulator harness adaptors so that the customer's alternator light still FUNCTIONS NORMALLY, as our external regulated units come pre-wired with a plug and play harness adaptor that allows the 91102R to get allong with the vehicle's stock wiring harness.

We would never sugest hooking an external regulator up to a stock alternator, or running a stock small-case style alternator for any reason in a car-audio application. I am well aware of the excellent durability that Denso units have to offer. I am also well aware that they are pretty much maxed out in stock fasion, unless you want something that doesn't perform at all at idle speeds whatsoever. THIS IS WHY WE ONLY USE LARGE CASE ALTERNATORS, something that no-one else is doing right now. You should never underestimate someone's kowledge, I don't think that you are an idiot, just a little un-informed about what we sell.

First of Matt, you didn't catch the part about me saying LARGE case Denso, not SMALL case... 2 totally different animals!!! We have large case alternators manufactured for us, to our specs, by Denso... Add 100 amps to them and that's what we have 180, not 80... 2 totally different animals... Your right, 80 amps is pathetic, which is why we dont even touch them for car audio.. I never once underestimated your knowledge either Matt, just your mis-directed guidance of telling someone to run an external regulator on his particular car.. I want to see a CS144 case bolted on a 3.5L V-6 Avalon, it isn't going to be easy, if done at all... I'm not going to argue the case for doing large case conversions, they have their place, which we have been doing for the last 15 years.. So, we agree on that point, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure which is better. But, an end all solution they are not!! That wasnt the point I was trying to make... It was about you suggesting something that wouldnt improve the customers situation.

And as for Transpo (who is wholly owned by WAI) buying Regitar (wholly owned by Mobiltron, based in and traded publically in Taiwan), Proof please?? That info is so new that nobody at their US headquarters even knew about it! Nor did about 40 other people I talked to that would have heard about it.. And knowing a little bit about the industry? Doing it since I was 12, 3rd generation, and having built over 30k alternators in my life I think would classify me as knowing just a *bit* about the alternator industry..

And I'm not un-informed about what you sell, not by any means.. I also have no axe to grind with you personally Matt, nor am I going to start, it's totally counter-productive.....

Archived