Looking To Buy A New Flatscreen, Need Some Opinions Please

check out tigerdirect.com they got some good deals goin right now. also the new LG 7 series is the sex

Yea i really like the new LG stuff, for some reason i always thought is was less quality compared to the samsungs, sonys etc.. buut they are very nice

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

go for the LCD samsung. my homie has the same one and its fucking awesome. also if you are looking for a wall mount/ceiling mount check out parts express. don't buy the over priced ones at bb.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

yea man, im really digging the 650 series samsung lcd, But the same ToC samsung 650 series' price is killer 1700 for a badass plasma.. now its just do i wanna spend the extra 500???

Bottom line i think is gonna be the 650 series samsung, and the W series sony , which i just saw is now 1999. on black friday .. Ahhh damnit, it just gets more damn confusing.........

So if u guys could help me with this new choice.. anything u know on either

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

i have a samsung ln-t 4065f i believe, its a 40 incher with a glowing light on the bottom middle.

picture quality is amazing, i love watching hd channels with it.

its one of the best lcd's out there, you can't go wrong with samsung.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071...production.html

Im still sticking with the Panasonic plasma.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

SIZE is SOOOO important.....

I could go on and spend all kinds of time with a brand new post..... But since I just answered this very same thing over on the F150 forum, please forgive me for copying and pasting.... And again, the best advice I can give you is, click on the link to screen size charts, and don't try to discredit those numbers ! I know from personal experience, it's absolutely accurate !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had my 46" 60hz 1080P JVC LCD for about 2 years now. I absolutely love it. The only problem was, when I bought it, I was watching it from a 9ft viewing distance. Sure, it looked BIG ! .....but because of the 1080P, you were still plenty far enough to not see any pixelation, or jagged edges on anything.

......then, I moved to a much larger place, and my viewing distance suddenly jumped up to about 13 ft. Talk about the "incredible shrinking TV" :-( Sure, a 52" would be better, but honestly a 60" wouldn't be too big.

I'm not sure what your viewing distance is, but I bet you would be amazed at what the "optimum size", per viewing distance really is ! I know I was.

http://www.cnet.com/1990-7874_1-5108...ag=hdtv;hdtv_l

Scroll to the bottom chart for the wide screen...... and don't be too bummed that your 52" will be good for a "maximum" of less than 13ft. You can doubt this, or try to argue it...... but my personal experience has shown this chart to be "absolutely correct" ! What they are basically saying is, any further (or any smaller a screen) than they are recommending here, and you will basically be losing any benefits of HD, because you will be too far away for your eyes to discern the extra detail. {I know I lost a TON of detail going from 9ft to 13ft :-(}

My point is: Knowing what I know now, if I were to buy another flatscreen, I'd wait as long, and save as much as I had to, to get as big a screen as I needed, to stay inside of the max viewing distance, listed on this chart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LCD vs. plasma.

{btw, I'm absolutely rediculous about analyzing, and over-analyzing to 10th degree, large purchases such as a flat screen. I studied them, and hung out on a flat panel TV forum for litterally 6 months before my purchase}

LCD pros:

*non-glare screen

*lighter, and less subject to damage during transport

*use about 40% less electricity for equal screen size, and as a dirrect result, tend to put off much less heat.

*brighter picture, better for daytime viewing

LCD cons:

*blacks are not "as black" (not as high of contrast)

*cost more than plasmas for equal screen size

Anyway, if I had to do it again, I would get another LCD for sure..... However, I wouldn't even consider less than a 60", which would still not be too big for my 13ft viewing distance, but would be acceptable, should I ever move to a place with a greater viewing distance yet.

Hope this helps,

Peace,

Fish

SIZE is SOOOO important.....

I could go on and spend all kinds of time with a brand new post..... But since I just answered this very same thing over on the F150 forum, please forgive me for copying and pasting.... And again, the best advice I can give you is, click on the link to screen size charts, and don't try to discredit those numbers ! I know from personal experience, it's absolutely accurate !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had my 46" 60hz 1080P JVC LCD for about 2 years now. I absolutely love it. The only problem was, when I bought it, I was watching it from a 9ft viewing distance. Sure, it looked BIG ! .....but because of the 1080P, you were still plenty far enough to not see any pixelation, or jagged edges on anything.

......then, I moved to a much larger place, and my viewing distance suddenly jumped up to about 13 ft. Talk about the "incredible shrinking TV" :-( Sure, a 52" would be better, but honestly a 60" wouldn't be too big.

I'm not sure what your viewing distance is, but I bet you would be amazed at what the "optimum size", per viewing distance really is ! I know I was.

http://www.cnet.com/1990-7874_1-5108...ag=hdtv;hdtv_l

Scroll to the bottom chart for the wide screen...... and don't be too bummed that your 52" will be good for a "maximum" of less than 13ft. You can doubt this, or try to argue it...... but my personal experience has shown this chart to be "absolutely correct" ! What they are basically saying is, any further (or any smaller a screen) than they are recommending here, and you will basically be losing any benefits of HD, because you will be too far away for your eyes to discern the extra detail. {I know I lost a TON of detail going from 9ft to 13ft :-(}

My point is: Knowing what I know now, if I were to buy another flatscreen, I'd wait as long, and save as much as I had to, to get as big a screen as I needed, to stay inside of the max viewing distance, listed on this chart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LCD vs. plasma.

{btw, I'm absolutely rediculous about analyzing, and over-analyzing to 10th degree, large purchases such as a flat screen. I studied them, and hung out on a flat panel TV forum for litterally 6 months before my purchase}

LCD pros:

*non-glare screen

*lighter, and less subject to damage during transport

*use about 40% less electricity for equal screen size, and as a dirrect result, tend to put off much less heat.

*brighter picture, better for daytime viewing

LCD cons:

*blacks are not "as black" (not as high of contrast)

*cost more than plasmas for equal screen size

Anyway, if I had to do it again, I would get another LCD for sure..... However, I wouldn't even consider less than a 60", which would still not be too big for my 13ft viewing distance, but would be acceptable, should I ever move to a place with a greater viewing distance yet.

Hope this helps,

Peace,

Fish

thanks man i think my viewing distance is about 8 feet give or take a foot.. but yea , makes complete sense about how close your viewing