What Do You Think?

QUOTE (ryde2idie @ May 9 2009, 07:37 AM) i feel your pain man, but ya gotta keep on poundin. a sub will slap you in the back of the head for years and years, itll make your ears hurt, and caus a small heart attack, but 10 bucks says it wont stab you in the back.
QUOTE (Rogers @ Sep 20 2009, 06:59 PM) well my woman bitches and moans about me building boxes and spending so much time outside..... but when the bass line starts she shuts up quick...
/nuff said

I already have the Yamaha. That's my current sub. Itz gets low and does a great job, I just need more.

QUOTE (ryde2idie @ May 9 2009, 07:37 AM) i feel your pain man, but ya gotta keep on poundin. a sub will slap you in the back of the head for years and years, itll make your ears hurt, and caus a small heart attack, but 10 bucks says it wont stab you in the back.
QUOTE (Rogers @ Sep 20 2009, 06:59 PM) well my woman bitches and moans about me building boxes and spending so much time outside..... but when the bass line starts she shuts up quick...
/nuff said

I say you just go out and spend the money on a new setup. Your wasting your money

there is a good chance that sub won't sound right in that Yamaha box.

There is only so much performance you can expect from an 8"sub in a HT setup.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thatz what I was thinkin'.

I'll just go and build my own box.

I'm thinkin of makin a chamber for the actual sub (don't know if I'm goin to port it)

Then make a smaller chamber directly connected to the back of the sub box for the amp so it will be in two parts.

Then I'll use a splitter and run both subs using the sub output from the Receiver.

Sony STR-DG720

/nuff said

For what you are paying for the plate and sub, I would just hit up a CC or BB and pick up an open box. Or if you can wait, the week after xmas is a good time to pick up on returns. That's when I do a lot of my shopping.

I bought a 37" tv for 100 bucks back in the day cause it was a return / open box.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

For what you are paying for the plate and sub, I would just hit up a CC or BB and pick up an open box. Or if you can wait, the week after xmas is a good time to pick up on returns. That's when I do a lot of my shopping.

I bought a 37" tv for 100 bucks back in the day cause it was a return / open box.

Damn. That sounds nice.

What do you mean CC or BB

/nuff said

circuit city best buy

Oh. Are you talkin' about the car audio boxes? I don't think they sell 8 in. boxes.

/nuff said

about 5 years back, I had a 8" subwoofer in a really simple transmission line box, running off deck power. I had a crossover that put highs to the front stage, and the lows to the sub, so the sub was getting maybe 40 watts, yet it sounded very good, very low, very accurate, just perfect for the time being

if you have any wood working skills, and sound performance from a 8" sub is what you want, try that.

If not, and were looking to just modify that box, and get the most sound from it, good luck...

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Oh. Are you talkin' about the car audio boxes? I don't think they sell 8 in. boxes.

Don't use car audio for HT