Sundown Audio

Hifonics Bxi1208d Problems

eliassami5

So i ordered a HiFonics Txi 1008D but the site accidentally sent me a HiFonics Bxi 1208D instead...at first i thought it was a great deal since it's an upgrade. So i wired everything up and then i turn on the radio and i hear nothing from the subs. I spend two hours trying to trouble shoot the problem and i still couldn't get the amp to make any noise. I then called the site up and i explained everything and i asked for a refund, but the guy explained to me that the amp needs a mono signal from the RCA's to be able to play music. He said to use a Y splitter on one of the RCA outputs and plug that into the amp. So i did as he said and the amp still wont play any music, i tried putting the splitter on the black and white wires of the RCA. I've tried two different RCA cables thinking that one cable might be bad but that didn't solve anything. I checked and re-checked all my ground and power wires and my fuses, and i tried different sub woofer Ohm loads and still no sound. So now im thinking they knew that it was a defective amp and they wanted to get rid of it so they sent it to me thinking that i wouldn't ask any questions...ITS PISSING ME OFF!

Any help would be appreciated, especially in the RCA/mono department...the manual makes no sense to me and it's very confusing so any clarifications is also welcome. :unsure:

Here is the manual if anyone wants to take a looksee: http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/hifonics...er%20Manual.pdf

I did exactly what is described in that dashed box:

bxi-1.jpg

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

The guy you talked to us stupid, make sure your RCAs are on the inputs not the pass thru

They are clearly labeled "input" and "output"..so its impossible to screw it up...btw this aint my first time doing this.

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Your HU use a Sub out on the rcas? If so just double check to make sure it is on. Many Pioneer HUs with a sub out have a setting where you can disable/enable the sub output.

I wonder why it wants to get do the signal like that? Because it is a "mono" amp but doesn't sum the Left and Right internally? I have a bx1600d and it doesn't have to be done that way....

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yeah... I just re-read that part in the dashed box with the star by the note.... You can use a MONO sub input or a stereo full range input, but you have to take it down to the left or right side. So- it doesn't sum the rca inputs internally.

What kind of HU do you have and how do the settings work for your rcas?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ok i finally got it to work, I used the RCA splitter like before but this time i actually turned up the music lol, before the music was at around 30 or so and the subs were on but they were barely moving because all the gain and low pass and phase knobs were at default levels because i was getting ready to ship it back and i didnt want anything to look out of place. So i turned the gain up a little and the subs started playing. I am now in the process of setting the gain to the proper lvl and tidying everything up.

And ive got the Pioneer DEH4000, and yes i had the subwoofer turned on on the HU before.

Thx for all the help btw

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz