Second Skin Audio

Question About FI Q18

accord ive been looking all over the other forums and not once has the topic of the q not being able to produce the lows  well ever been mentioned

what was yours tuned to?

just seems like everyone that has gotten one has been happy with the lows

please explain more

you obviously havent looked all over, because there was a big 20 pages thread on it on caraudio.com/forum about mannys 2 15 Q's that dont reproduce lows as well as his SX did. 

The Q i listen to constantly is tuned at 32hz plenty low enough to hit lows in everyday rap music.

i've heard 6 Q setups now and none of them sound great. they are loud, but musically they dont sound great as i said before.  i've seen the places you post questions about subs.  its mostly ROE or the Fi forum.  The problem with asking about a sub on a manufactures forum is you WILL NOT get anything but good answers about the sub, its the same for RE , DD any company.  The fact of the matter is alot of those same people are buying BTL's with the thought in mind that they are "great SQL drivers"  it's really hard to take peoples opinions of a sub seriously that most of them are coming off having a Type R/L7 and are going to a Q.  Yea its cleaner sounding then either of those, but by far i would not call it my companiesSQ sub, as scott doesnt call it that, people on the forums seemed to name it that.  People seem to get confused when he said, "it has the most SQ of any of the Fi drivers"  yeah it has the most of his drivers, but get some listening time with it next to some quality SQL style drivers and it does not sound as good as say even a SX.

Furthermore, IMO a Q sounds like a lower volume BTL imo then a SQL sub.

I'm looking for a sub that sounds great at low frequencies.  My cvr's hit hard but the really low frequencies that The Epicenter produces doesn't sound all that good.  I think I'm going to run 2 15's.  I've heard T1s,T2s and L7s in setups

with Epicenters and they sound great.  Does the Q15 sound better than those?

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

I'm looking for a sub that sounds great at low frequencies.  My cvr's hit hard but the really low frequencies that The Epicenter produces doesn't sound all that good.  I think I'm going to run 2 15's.  I've heard T1s,T2s and L7s in setups

with Epicenters and they sound great.  Does the Q15 sound better than those?

low frequencies a L7 or T2 will sound better then a Q IMHO, look at a SX from RE

I've made my mind up and I'm going with the 2 Q18s.  I think they will hit lower than 2 L715s and 2 T215s.  Plus the price for them is cheaper. Can't beat the price, $618 for 2 18s!  2 T2s is $800+, 2 L7s is $500+, and 2 SX15s is $900+! Plus I'll be the only one in my area with 18s and FI! Will be putting them in a 12.5ft3 box like Steve's with the 2 RE MTs tuned to 30hz pushed by a T20001bd. Hope my Explorer Sport can take it! LOL!!  What you all think?

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

if tuned right those T2 15s can get low as well but i feel you on the price.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I've made my mind up and I'm going with the 2 Q18s.  I think they will hit lower than 2 L715s and 2 T215s.  Plus the price for them is cheaper. Can't beat the price, $618 for 2 18s!  2 T2s is $800+, 2 L7s is $500+, and 2 SX15s is $900+! Plus I'll be the only one in my area with 18s and FI! Will be putting them in a 12.5ft3 box like Steve's with the 2 RE MTs tuned to 30hz pushed by a T20001bd. Hope my Explorer Sport can take it! LOL!!  What you all think?

2 15in l7s = 400 shipped

2 sx 15s = 600 shipped at the most

just letting you know

good luck with those qs

lots of vids and pics

supersweet.gif