Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

Hey Meade. Starting off i am expanding my system slowly...a year ago started off with my two terlves in the trunk which was working good but then i wanted more...i came up with a crazy design for a sub bow that i am currently build and I know that around tax time im going to be getting two shallow twelves for under the back seat. I asked my g-parents to hook me up with another battery that had more power...the problem is the new one doesnt fit under the hood. I am wanting to tiw the battery under the hood to the new one that will be going into the trunk. I have looked and looked for the proper way to set stuff up and am at a loss. I would like to be able to just run my power wires off of the battery in the trunk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Hey Meade. Starting off i am expanding my system slowly...a year ago started off with my two terlves in the trunk which was working good but then i wanted more...i came up with a crazy design for a sub bow that i am currently build and I know that around tax time im going to be getting two shallow twelves for under the back seat. I asked my g-parents to hook me up with another battery that had more power...the problem is the new one doesnt fit under the hood. I am wanting to tiw the battery under the hood to the new one that will be going into the trunk. I have looked and looked for the proper way to set stuff up and am at a loss. I would like to be able to just run my power wires off of the battery in the trunk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the way i understood is weird but if this is what u were saying then u can try this..

if u want to run the battery just in the back... then u can run a wire from the alternator straight to the battery in the back.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

sup guys, SkittleZ again...

I have a nissan sentra (2006)...

got 2x 12inch Kicker L5's being pushed by a 2000watt amp, and an AudioKick cap.

The system hits harder then anything around here, but I want to hit hard...so I got a 3300watt Rockford amp, and 760 Pioneer amp.

Yet, I'm have some trouble makin room for them, and for the batteries...which brings me to my question

how do I hook up the extra batteries so it's pretty safe, and won't cause a short or fire.

I'm trying to find bigger alternator for the rig. Havin trouble with that.

I want to run the 760 for the mids and highs, but the 3300, and 2000 for the lows.

I do plan in the future gettin at least 2 more Kickers. But room is limited like I said, so it'll be awhile for them.

batterys in the back just run wire straight to them pos to pos neg to neg should be fine fuse em and as far as the alternator hit up dc power if you look up top there is a advertisement dc power click it and contact Robbie

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Oh no I'm talking about adding it to my system so have two batteries. One under the hood and one in the trunk.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Hey Steve this question is for you. How many dbs do you think you could squeez out of one single 18" FIBTL? or 2 15" FIBTLs. You are probally the person that know what these subs are capable of, so thats why I ask you. And also how many watts would you feel comfortable throwing at each set up? I wana know what you think not the ratings. Thanks man

batterys in the back just run wire straight to them pos to pos neg to neg should be fine fuse em and as far as the alternator hit up dc power if you look up top there is a advertisement dc power click it and contact Robbie

they said they don't have any alts that will fit my car..but they'll make a custom bracket to fit it...and still charge me the same as the 240amp.

Will I have to do any re-wiring in the car itself?

skittlez- the coolest most awsomeist person everDefination of the name

as you all can see my site and this forum have REALLY REALLY grown in the last 2 months.  I notice alot of people want to ask me stuff directly.  I just want to let you guys know its very hard to keep up and dont take it personal if i miss something you asked me.  Its not that your being ignored, sometimes with so many threads/responses i just cant catch them all before they get buried.........even if the topic starts with my name in it!

Anyway i try my best to keep up but im sorta busy...i may even read the post and be to lazy to respond right away and then eventually forget about it even though i meant to respond.  Sometimez a brotha just wants to go thru the posts but dont feel like typing so please dont take it personal....if its something REAL important then keep buggin me ill get to ya eventually!

Hello Mr. Meade :) All i got to say that you are my Idol in car audio setups , and it would be my day if you ever helped me on this :

i have on hands : 3 2000Spl amps ( 2000RMS each ) , and 6 ( 1000 Rms subwoofers ) , i am planning to install them in a 2006 Grand cherokee .. firing up, ported to the back,

My Question is what is this setup's needs in electricity? how many alts? how many amperes? how many yellow tops? wired in parallel? or 1 yellow top per amp :(

i am really confused on how many amperes will this setup sip from the alts and batteries, and i cannot think of anyone who could give me an answer that i trust but you..

I really really in need of and appreciate your help!

Thank you

Hamze. :)

If i had 2 15's and i wanted to port the box, Would it be better to have two individual chambers and port each side or have one open chamber?

How would I figure the cu feet for the two, just add the two volumes together?

Thanks

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

hi i have two P2D412 and a P600.1 bd i want to wire subs to 2 ohm each and hook each sub to each output of the amp but if amp is ran parallel inside of it will it make a total of a 1 ohm amp load or not because if all + and all - are together that would make a 1 ohm i want full power out of amp with my subs but right now i have the subs at 4 ohms and connected to only one output on amp please help thank you jake

JCADDY

1994 Chevy Surburban

1- t1000bd.1 rf

2-p3's rf

big 3 rf

4- 6.5 pionieers

4- pioneers tweets

2- 4 inch rf

• 1 month later...