Second Skin Audio

better box for two 15's

rcmobile

i am in need of a idea to build a better box. i have all the tools and such but just need a plan to work. currently i have two memphis power reference 15's (i know not the best but it works for now) but they are in a prefab slot ported box. it is not very big at all 1.5 each is what i was told. they are in the back of a 2003 tahoe without rear seats so i do have lots of room. i have kenwood 910d 800rms amp. while they do sound good they way they are i just know in a correct box they would sound better so any ideas or help would be great.

the sub is the 15-pr154

on this page they list some of the specs if this helps any

thanks

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/LiveImages/...ocumentURL1.pdf

High Amperage Audio

DC Sound Dealer

Sun down audio dealer

Anything you need hit me up

What more do you need than them!!

Well without looking at a program to get exact dims, I would say to drop them into a box with about 2.5 ft3 each. run the slot to the back inbetween the subs face everything to the rear.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

hey thanks the specs from the web site t/s on the subs say it should work in the box i made on subwoofertools in the 2nd post.  i would like to port to be in the middle but not sure how to do that (the port in that plans is on the side with subs facing up

High Amperage Audio

DC Sound Dealer

Sun down audio dealer

Anything you need hit me up

What more do you need than them!!

I would do a box 17T x 40W x 17D. that would give you about 5ft3 before displacement Do the port 6" wide.

No thats what i would bang out if someone walked into my shop and wanted a quick box. If you spend the time to work on BBP then you might have better results. But that will give you a start

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived