Rumble Seat! Audio Chair. By Tahoexfixssd

alrite let me start at the begining. some of yu may have seen some unfinsihed pics on my build page but i decided it should have its own thread. My art class has a required project that we take a chair and paint it or decorate it in some way. im in this damn class with 8 other girls and all of their chairs are all frilly and retarded. so i decided i have to incorporate car audio some way lol so i came up with this.

This...is the Rumble Seat.

lol we like to say its "10 inches of pleasure, straight up the rear" hahah

12.jpg

lol first off i was given an old wooden chair that was about to fall apart. the cushion was orange tweed like strait from the 70's with like piss stains n what not on it lol that immediatly was ripped off.

I traced the old cushion frame piece onto 3/4 mdf and routed all of the edges. i had a lil old RE audio RE series 10 layin around that i had no other use for so i decided to use that for my woofer. I used a router to cut the hole and then i rabbited that edge to flush mount the woofer. it was then covered in greyy suede.

My uncle worked at LEGACY AUDIO here in springfield il. who build audiophile home speaker systems and i get alot of random drivers from him. i came across 2 5 1/4" AURA midbasses and a random TB speakers tweeter. i cut out a baffle to fit on the back of the chair and routed all of the holes to flushmount the drivers. the tweeter is odd shaped and a biotch to mount so i had to cut a goofy hole and tracce the shape of it onto the baffle. then i had to chisel out about 3/16" to flush that in.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

alrite so then i stretched the fleece and glassed it all . i added 2 layers of woven mat to the outside and a layer as well as alot of resin to the inside. i let it dry for a few days and then sanded and filled it.

4.jpg

5.jpg

then it was wrapped in the same grey suede as the bottom piece.

8.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

so then i decided the armrests were reaaally boring so i made some new ones. i made some templates with cardboard and traced them onto 3/4 mdf. after they were cut out i routed all the edges and drew up an insert for the sinside of it. that was traced onto 1/8'' chipboard and cut out. i then had to chisel out the inner part of the armrests about 1/4''. this took me about 2 hours to get perfect. it was a biotch lol. after that the outter part was covered in grey suede and the inside in red suede, as well as the botton parts of the chair that the "ass plate" sits on.

9.jpg

11.jpg

then comes the hardest damn part. i covered the rest of the chair in black suede. i tryed to seam it as least as possible and it i had to to do it in an area that wasnt easily seen. this also took about 3 hours and alot of razzor blades lol. the seam on the back part of the chair was hard to hide so i decided instead of using boring old red piping i would use 8ga. wire for the piping. i glued that on ther with some CA glue.

So here it is, finished product lol it gets alot of heads turned. the enclosure that will be on the back of the mids is stil yet to be finsished but that will come later.....along with the ottoman that will include the head unit and amp :)

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

i take it you Really cant sit on it...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

put a cover on it so it can really be used bro! that would be sick

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I like how they put it outside the women's bathroom :rofl:

lmao i didnt even think about that hahaha. yeah i do have a funny story that involves my yukon, a girl, and a 35hz tone tho hhahah

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

please tell :P

lol well my x girlfriend was liek a complete nympho lol. 35 hz vibrations at liek 145 db haha put 2 and 2 together lol i almost ran off the road witnessing a situation liek that. i consider it one of my biggest accomplishments. lmao ppl at school say theres subs are loud. im the only one that can say "mine gave a chick an orgasm" lmao

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF