2 Different Sets Of Speakers Off One 4ch. Amp?

eliassami5

ATM im running 4 alpine type S 6.5's in my jeep and they are being powered off of an Alpine MRP-F300, it's not nearly as loud as my volvo (it has 6 more speakers) so im adding some Infinity Kapa 692.9i's on top of my sub box and powering the 2 alpine 6.5's in the rear off of the deck while the other 4 get amped power.

The problem is that the kappas are 2ohms each and my alpines are 4ohms each, if i wire all of the speakers off of the amp normally (each speaker to its own channel) will the alpines get 50 watts each and the kappas get 75 watts each? Or will all of the speakers ohms be added together to create an ohm load that my amp can not handle? Im not really sure on how it all works, since im really only familiar with subwoofers and they are usually a dual 4 or dual 2ohm config etc.

Any help on how the amp will handle the ohm load or if it just wont work would be much appreciated..Thanx from Sami.

EDIT: i just re-read the kappa's descriptions, they are actually 4 ohms but can be used at 2ohms. I still have the same questions tho since if they are able to get more power in a 2ohm config then i will do that.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

it doesn't matter, because its seperate channels.

so does that mean i can hook up each speaker to its own channel and they will each get their own power? Like the 4 ohms speaker will get 50 watts and the 2 ohm speaker will get 75 watts?

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

so does that mean i can hook up each speaker to its own channel and they will each get their own power? Like the 4 ohms speaker will get 50 watts and the 2 ohm speaker will get 75 watts?

yes.

Hey how do those speakers sound?i have a pair of 5 1/4 and the 6x9s but i havent hooked them up.are they loud?and clear too?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived