Treaded-rod For Terminals.

What will work best.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. box terminals

• Brass-Threaded Rod
    • Stainless-Threaded Rod
    • Drill a little hole and then seal her up

Hi guys, Im planning to use treaded rod for terminals on my woofer box. Seeing that this is the electrical section ill post it here.

options..

stainless steel mt10 rod

or

brass mt 10 rod.

ill be using some for bracing as well...

what will work better for this application and work better in the long run? Any other seggestions welcome but im not keen on running wire down the port.

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

brass is a way better conductor than stainless

so I was told, but they say brass corrode over time and I am worried that the effectiveniss will be less over time.?

what did you guys use to seal around them? I suppose some washers and nylon locking nuts are also recuired?

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

New Build

Believe in the order

you could always get some aluminum/copper and tread/tap your own and yeah lock nuts and some washers and you'll be fine some silicone wouldnt hurt either

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

so I was told, but they say brass corrode over time and I am worried that the effectiveniss will be less over time.?

what did you guys use to seal around them? I suppose some washers and nylon locking nuts are also recuired?

im sure your current set up will be taken out and replaced by the time they corrode

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

hahah yeah i am sure that will be the case as my ass can be a bit itchy at times...

I believe a small build log would be in order

ill post some specks in the woofer building section in a while; can someone please review my tuning.

thx guys

Build Log>>>

New Build

Believe in the order

i use bolts to however the mose effective way is to drill little holes and run wire from the amps directly to the sub..that will allow the mose juice to flow, it your not gonna do that then your restircting the flow wnyway so almost any regular bolt will suffice....

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

i use bolts to however the mose effective way is to drill little holes and run wire from the amps directly to the sub..that will allow the mose juice to flow, it your not gonna do that then your restircting the flow wnyway so almost any regular bolt will suffice....

So if I do this the resin-and-fibre im planning to use on the inside wont damage the cable? I also want to wire the subs to one(1) ohm in the box(to keep it clean) What would be your seggestion on connectors etc if i dont take them to the bolts?

Build Log>>>

New Build

Believe in the order

So if I do this the resin-and-fibre im planning to use on the inside wont damage the cable? I also want to wire the subs to one(1) ohm in the box(to keep it clean) What would be your seggestion on connectors etc if i dont take them to the bolts?

I recoemnd you resin and fiber first teh drill holes and pull the wires thru then caulk it......

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!