Sound Cuts Out When Doors Lock

On our '02 dodge ram, when the doors lock it makes the sound cut out and one of the dome lights flashes. we didnt find anything that was shorting it out and everything seemed to be hooked up right. any sugestions?

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

On our '02 dodge ram, when the doors lock it makes the sound cut out and one of the dome lights flashes. we didnt find anything that was shorting it out and everything seemed to be hooked up right. any sugestions?

BUMP for some help

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

Does your headunit shut off also?

No it's jsut when the doors lock the sound cuts out for about 3 seconds then come back on but the HU stays on.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

so your sound you are speaking of is being powered by your head unit and not amps? It might be that when your doors lock it is taking some power from the head unit, enough to shut off some circuitry for a moment. I know the locks and windows on my car will dim everything in my dash when I hit them. I would suggest getting a multimeter hooked up to your power connected to your head unit to see what happens when you hit the locks.

Thanks rusty959,

Yeah it's all powered by the HU, but we unhooked the speakers in the back doors to see if it makes a difference and it doesn't do it anymore. So any ideas about that?

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

Thanks rusty959,

Yeah it's all powered by the HU, but we unhooked the speakers in the back doors to see if it makes a difference and it doesn't do it anymore. So any ideas about that?

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

sorry for taking a long time to reply, figured out anything since then?

So you just unhooked the rear speakers and it doesn't cut out? Id have to say that is a pretty sure sign that the voltage is dipping when you hit the locks, and not having the rear speakers saves enough power for it not to dip too low. Did you try checking the +12 when you hit the locks at the HU? If a dipping voltage really is the problem, you could probably run a 10 or 8 gauge wire to the battery so you have a good power source. Just be sure to fuse it obviously. The stock power harnesses just aren't made for high current, lol.