Windows 7

i have had ubuntu and a prototype version of ubuntu based off of tiger from osx... and they were SLOW.. xp was faster.. lol vista was alright... and 7 is the fastest... of course now i am on vista sp1.. so we will see exactly what happens... imm recording some shit right now...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

get dat shiz on here mang, i wanna see it in action

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

its uploading right now... sorry i have a really shitty upload right now lol...

60% done lol...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

i timed it jsut to be sure cuz i had vista ultimate and ubuntu dual boot

power button press till the time i could check my email on vista (so boot, logon, load, connect to school wifi, log into vpn client, boot firefox, load email page) just shy of 6 minutes (which is a lot considering a 55 minute class where the worksheet is emailed to all of us as class starts, and thats IF cista decided to run the vpn client my school uses, it sometimes took up to 10 reboots to get it to run without an error)

linux-2 min 35 secs

less than half the time, i was impressed, and it always worked, the only problem i ever had is if i had an auxiliary monitor conencted (so thats 8 desktops total on 2 separate cubes) and played more than one video and disconnected the second screen my screen went black.

watch that and realize theres all those effects, a movie playing, internet up, etc...on a computer that doesnt even necessarily meet the minimum requirements to run vista, all running without a hiccup or slowdown, and this is a 7 month old video btw...windows is snatching some stuff from linux obviously

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/hond...nt=windows7.flv

thats a photobucket imm uploading to youtube now... the lag is from the shitty cam...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

</div>

the post it note says (because the cam sucks you cant read it) This is much much much faster than vista....... thats how you chose what window you want to use.... and look what im typing in POST IT NOTES... there pretty cool

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

</div>

i did some reading up on it and supposedly it uses half the ram that vista currently uses, and way fewer processes

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

yep the max i have gotten it up to is 21 percent of my cpu and 1.13 gig of ram used... thats with practicly every adobe cs4 product open doing the window tab button window shuffle and watching transporter 3 all at the same time... vista would have been maxed with JUST the window shuffle...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

</div>

Archived