-
Posts
4864 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Media Demo
Store
Collections
Videos
Everything posted by Slinky
-
Far Cry 4
Slinky replied to Krakin's topic in Video Games (All consoles) Ratings, previews, demos......the latest
The FOV slider was added with a day one patch. I'm well aware... -
Far Cry 4
Slinky replied to Krakin's topic in Video Games (All consoles) Ratings, previews, demos......the latest
I played it a little bit yesterday. For PC gamers: I was not able to get crossfire working with the game. Gonna have to wait for a profile or update. There is no FOV slider. You can edit the fov by editing an xml file in your documents folder. Eyefinity works out of the box but there are a couple graphical quirks. Use SMAA for ambient occlusion or you may get weird lighting effects. After I figured out all those things the game looks and runs pretty well. Can't really comment on gameplay yet but the main antagonist seems like a crazy sonofabitch so far. -
You know, I think this may be worth a shot. It is the same battery I've had in it since the beginning. This is something worth trying.
-
Before you read, please keep an open mind. I am super hesitant to post this because of the internet mob mentality and people are just going to flame me for this but I am not a believer in the DD1. I have had the DD1 for over a year and every single time I use it to set the gains on either a high's amp or a sub amp it still leaves me with a distorted signal. The unit SAYS it isn't clipping, but then you hook the subs back up and turn it up to the 'maximum undistorted signal' and you can still smell the coils. This isn't user error. The unit is stupid easy to use and that's one of the reasons I wanted to like it so much. Here is how I use it. 1. plug rca's from head unit directly into dd1 and play track 1, turn up until clipping, then back down a notch and record number. 2. play track 2 and turn up until clipping, then back down a notch and record number. 3. average 2 numbers to get max undistorted head unit volume. next (for highs) 4. connect red terminal to speaker plus output of amp and black alligator clip to amp ground. 5. play track 4 and turn head unit volume to max undistorted output and turn gain up until clipping, then back down a notch. 6. connect speakers and you should be able to play them at max undistorted volume without clipping. Things to consider... a. I do all this with vehicle running. b. All of the music I listen to comes from google play music. It is music that google has stored on their servers and not music I have uploaded to a cloud account. c. yes, when setting the gains i set all crossovers to full and open the frequencies wide up. I turn off bass boosts and things of that sort. Even after following every step, it still manages to fuck up speakers. I just got done 'tuning' my buddies install that we've been working on and we unded up frying 3 of the super tweeters and the subs smelled like they were cooking. I couldn't even get the volume to be within 5 notches of where the dd1 claimed it could be undistorted. The mids sounded all distorted, the super tweeters blew, and the subs started smelling, all within a minute or two of testing. I'm honestly better off setting gains by ear. Can anyone see anything wrong with the way I'm using it or what? I want to like it but at the moment I don't believe it works.
-
Why don't we stop comparing him to sundown? It's a 12 spoke basket and a magnet with extended back plate like everyone else. Good looking sub guys!! I love the hate on this 12 spoke basket...but everyone else's 12 spoke basket (identical basket) is ok somehow. why is it only a problem when he does it? Its not. I hate this basket no matter which brand uses it. Has nothing to do with skar.
-
Yea Steve. I live in St. Louis and all this shit happened not but a few miles north where I live. Saint Louis really freaks out when something big happens and It's downright disgusting what those looters did. The cops aren't just walking around here picking on people. That dude made a bad decision and he paid for it dearly. They are just now getting on the same page as the protesters.
-
Wait, so did you tell him you had shipped it when you hadn't or am I reading that wrong?
-
Easy there partner. I wouldn't go that far. It's definitely tight though. My question is, what kind of charging system does this thing have? Obviously you aren't going to be running that many watts but is there some kind of charging system to keep the batts fresh? or will you have to charge them every once in awhile?
-
Square Inches Of Port
Slinky replied to g2shuck's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
40 MM of Xmax is seriously hefty.And like N8 and myself said, you can surely get away with less in a vehicle cabin. Every vehicle is different and how much less depends on more factors than one. And it's not super expensive to test. Build two or three boxes, that's just a couple sheets of wood for a couple of 12s. True, 40 is a lot. I think as long as I don't hear port noise then I'm in the clear. Hell I have the subs in a crappy prefab right now in a 3.6 cu ft enclosure with 45 sq in of port and theres no port noise. -
Square Inches Of Port
Slinky replied to g2shuck's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
I wish I was able to test this out without it being super expensive. I just don't see how the calculator is correct. I entered in 2 12's and 40 mm xmax with 38 hz tuning and its telling me a minimum of 166.54 sq in of port. There's no way 2 12's need that much port. -
You are welcome! Enjoy!
-
One thing people always seem to forget is that with a high end PC you are getting much more than just a gaming platform. You are getting the full windows (or linux) experience and can do infinitely more things than you can on a console. For this reason, you cannot compare the price between the two. The PC option has many many more uses.
