so im screwing around with my 360 checking out the new layout and shit and i click on the game i have in and it says install game so i do it takes up 6.5 gigs of memory and i cant even play the game without the disk in

does anyone know what this features for?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

all it really does is create less noise due to it not having to spin the disc while in the game it only has to have the disc in to boot the game more less but requres it to stay in at all times (gay). i believe it keeps your xbox cooler too so it doesn't overheat. and last but not least it would probably let it live longer. Kind of a waste of space though unless you have a elite hard drive or the 120gb one.

yeah i've got an elite and only 22 gigs left i have alot of demos

and yeah i figured it just helped loading and cooling but i figured 6 gigs was alot for that

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

• 5 weeks later...

i heard it helps with loading times but idk if thats true or not. i dont think its worth it, unless it also helps with lag.

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Yeah what it does is it loads the whole game to the hard drive, Its helps with noise issues from the DVD drive and decreases loading times. It also saves your laser some life. The reason you need the disc in the drive is so you don't go rent a game install it to the HD and return it.

Archived