what size port to you have now? And where is it located? if there isn't the rigt air space you can add some polyfill. that well let the speakers see more air space. You'll need one pound per cu ft. Also you can go with a downfire box instead ou firing to the rear. with port firing down or to the top....here is a quick shetch

Posted Image

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Carolina, 38L, 22H, 19D(bottom) 13D(Top)

Neo, no back seats. I dont want to have to go that route, but I must have more lol. I have been told that if those 4 10's are in the right box it would be hitting alot harder than what it is.

Like I said earlier, when I had 2 of the tens in a prefab 4.0cf total ported box, it hit hard. I am barely above that even after adding 2 more and about 800 more watts.

Well eventually it gets to the point where no matter what you're doing back there nothing will be sufficient. And yes, it's NEVER loud enough.

Unless this is your family car, you'll come around eventually. You only need one other seat for demos :lol:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

i have built enough boxes for the pt to know, that if you want to get loud without removing the back seats, build with the subs up, and the port to the side along the bottom of the box.

that useful info...i'll see what i can come up with

1993 Mazda Mx-3

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Where were you a week ago Hugh! Ok, so what space wise can I do? Naturally 4 10's wont fit straight across. I could do 3 10's but then that would bring the amp below 2ohms correct? I have D4 coils.

No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers

Total Amp

Sony HU

Why not do two big 12s in a box like Hugh said? On 2000W with a couple small Kinetiks next to the box. One or two amps flush mounted on either front or back of the box.

I would love to see some Fi in a cruiser. Fi BLs or Fi Qs would be good.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Where were you a week ago Hugh! Ok, so what space wise can I do? Naturally 4 10's wont fit straight across. I could do 3 10's but then that would bring the amp below 2ohms correct? I have D4 coils.

3-10's would fit since you can build up to 36" wide back there, but you wouldnt have enough space left to right for your port to be efficient. the alignment i was talking about tends to work best with a gap atleast double the port width so that the port can do its thing without being choked off.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

So what kind of design are you talking about Hugh? At this point, I dont want to buy any more subs/amps. I need to find a way to make what I have better. Thanks for the ideas so far fellas.

I need to find a place around here that can meter what I have now so I know where I stand.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

Total Amp

Sony HU

here something you can think about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You could do top in fiberglass to save some of the angle cut. But thats the only way to get all 4 subs firing up. Its the same size as the box you have now so you will need to add some polyfil.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Thanks carolinacartel. I like that design. Only concern would be the port. It would have to fire towards the back because there would not be enough room for the port to breathe on the side.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

Total Amp

Sony HU

Archived