Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type R Swr1242d? Amplifier For It ?

Hello all.This is my first post with my question about my first car audio system.After a lot of reading on the net I have decided that I am going to buy an Alpine Type R 12\" 500Watts - dual coil 4 ohm each - 2ohm :)

So after choosing the subwoofer i began searching for an amp.And there were these sugestion:

Alpine MRP-M500 1x500W @ 2Ohm

Kenwood KAC-8104D 1x500 @ 2 ohm

Audio System F2-300 750W @ 2 ohm - For this one I have a good offer with cabels 16mm2 .But some people says that for it\'s bad power supply it isn\'t it\'s real RMS.

So whick should I choose ? Or none of them,there is a better one ? :spiteful:

000001181a62b75100c000a8000200076130c41d-tn.png

Edited by The enD
bg_flag.gif

Hello all.This is my first post with my question about my first car audio system.After a lot of reading on the net I have decided that I am going to buy an Alpine Type R 12" 500Watts - dual coil 4 ohm each - 2ohm :)

So after choosing the subwoofer i began searching for an amp.And there were these sugestion:

Alpine MRP-M500 1x500W @ 2Ohm

KAC-8104D 1x500 @ 2 ohm

Audio System F2-300 750W @ 2 ohm - For this one I have a good offer with cabels 16mm2 .But some people says that for it's bad power supply it isn't it's real RMS.

So whick should I choose ? Or none of them,there is a better one ? :spiteful:

I have the kenwood and its a nice reliable amp.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

id go with the alpine it should do rated power and clean.the kenwood not so much i dont think it does rated power and never heard of that audio system amp before.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i mean you cant ever go wrong with names like alpine, rockford, kicker etc all the top names are top names for a reason b/c of the quality.. I have never dealt with the mrp m500 but i have dealt with the alpine mrp 1000 and it does all of what i says and some it push a 15" L7 really well.. so if budget permits go with the alpine. if not look at hifonics quality products a little overrated but easier on the pockets and wont crap out on you like some other amps. if u go with one of them look for one rate at 700 rms @ 2ohms

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

WOW :o You are so fast :D Thank for the replays but there is one problem.I am from Bulgaria and it is a lil bit hard to find amps like Hifonics or some.

Isn't it bad for the amplifier to be the same watts as the subwoofer? I mean if I am playing it at 500Watts it will work at 100% an may get damaged if played for too long ? What about getting something with more power and just not using it at maximum ? :)

This is the amplifier Audio System F2-300 I was talkin' 'bout > http://www.gttrading.it/easysite/scheda3.a...%20300&pg=1

Edited by The enD
bg_flag.gif

no it shouldent blow if it is CLEAN POWER not distored.IE gains are set properly.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I red that this Type R can realy handle that 500 watts and I wanna use the full potential of the subwoofer :) Can this be the real power of the Kenwood and the manufacturer is giving us the real power.If it isn't the subwoofer may not play at it maximum ?

Suggest some other amps ?

bg_flag.gif

IMO i think kenwood dosent give out full rated wattage.what other brand of amps can you get to bulgeria?any other brades that you know .

We have these :

http://caraudio-bg.com/amps.htm

http://www.dekom.bg/?page=product_type_lis...3fa382e606665cf

mono http://destaudio.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=32 and 2 channel > http://destaudio.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=31

http://i.caraudiobg.com/index.php?option=c...=1&Itemid=5

These are the online sites I know :) Looking at the prize choose something not more that 400-450 лв. because ... you know :D

What happened to that Audio System ? You don't aprove :P ?

By the way what is IMO ?

bg_flag.gif