Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type R Swr1242d? Amplifier For It ?

Bub i have a type-r, get it in a ported box, and put like 500-1000 RMS to it,

i have an JBL amp running mine :) the gains are at 1100rms, but the HU is at -7 bass, slams hard and the alpine takes it really well :)

honestly those type rs can take a lot........i had a 12 for my first system and threw 900rms to it and it never distorted

You serious ?At the begging i wlll be afraid to push them ... but then :diablo: Maybe i will even need to get a second Hifonics if your worlds get to be true and the type R can take a lot of sh*t. :D

....This is going to be my first system and so ... how do i set the Ohms ? There is a button or something ?

bg_flag.gif

that 1100 watts is really pushing the speaker too far IMO but maybe if it's clean power it could take it.

and their is no button for ohms.

ohms is electrical restiance.

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

go with the Hifonics. I am getting two type R's soon and that's the amp i plan on using.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

I just got the information about the lenght of the cabel.Since my car is diesel and it's battery is in the trunk the cabel does't have to be so long.And if it is not very long it can be thinner right ?Maybe it is going to be about 1 meter long.What should be the proper thickness ? Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

So i just have to conect the subwoofers and the amp would "know" the Ohms it has to play ?

An this Q too :)

Edited by The enD
bg_flag.gif

use 4 awg wire for the hifonics amp. and get the 4 Ohm Alpines so you can wire them down to 1 ohm.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161 <--- That will show you how to wire them.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

• 5 weeks later...

img_1183_d66bd_10912136.jpgimg_1194_fe100_10972285.jpg

Here he is .... isn't he beautifull :give_rose:

But I am thinking about something more SPL .... some say that the Type R are good for their money but just not for SPL... I am thinking 'bout getting this >> Ground Zero GZRW 30SPL 1000Watts RMS 2x2 ohm. Perfect for my amp

http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/english/05_rw30spl.htm

bg_flag.gif