We have a 99 Ford Ranger with a 3.0 V6, 5-Speed man.

The problem I have is it started pushing most of the coolant into the over-flow tank and out into the engine bay. At first we thought it was the thermostat. We pulled the theremostat out and it was corroded and it was stuck either open or closed.

That didn't fix the over-flow problem. The coolant is at normal levels we don't over fill it. What else could be the problem? It only sprays out of the over flow tank at speeds above 55MPH or at around 3-4000 RPM...

Could it be a overly corroded water pump and requires changing?

Thanks for any help. :)

Derp.

sounds to me like the water pump needs changed. does it get really hot fairly quick on the temp gauge? when my water pump went out on my 2.3L the gauge went to the red line almost on the temp gauge. needless to say i took it home and parked it for the day. also is your heater box clogged? theres a tutorial on how to unclog that on rangerpowersports.com/forum the website is down at the moment for a database error but should be running fairly soon i hope.

it could be your water pump. also was wondering about what type of fan it has. mechanical clutch fan,or is it electric?

the fan could be going out, or if electric a bad relay.

Edited by badasschevy

center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

infinity kappa 6.5" components