Second Skin Audio

10 Inch Drain

ok i found a diamond audio in my shed so i wanted to see if it wasnt blown and if it worked.. so i built a quick enclosed box for it. and then i put it in my car... i just unhooked my 15s and put the amp straight to the 10.... i turned the gain down.. i didnt want to blow it... it worked i was like wow... so i turned it up and i noticed my voltage drops to 11 from 14.7 i was like omfg... my amp is going into protect mode... so i gradually turn the gain up... it stays on untill about 38/50 then protect mode... so i hook my 15s back up and CRANK IT gain up and what not like it was.... nope im at 14.5 volts 50/50 and my lights arnt dimming....... but with the ten they do... what the heck is going on?

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

a gain on an amp is not to adjust the output of the amp itself, it is used to match your head units RCA preout voltage. as far as the reason your amp went into protect, i would say that you impedence change to something your amp cant handle.

2001 chevy blazer xtreme

my blazer xtreme build

On top of all that, my little sister is marrying a real fuckin winner tomorrow

I've gotten that much wood just viewing this thread. :blush:

Probably because the sub had an open coil. It will still play and maybe even sound okay but at higher volume it will send an unstable impedence to the amp causing it to go into protect. That's the only thing I can think of. Take a dmm to the woofer and see what the coil/coils read. If they don't rest at a number that may jump up .1 or .2 then more than likely the coil is open but not completely blown.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

a gain on an amp is not to adjust the output of the amp itself, it is used to match your head units RCA preout voltage. as far as the reason your amp went into protect, i would say that you impedence change to something your amp cant handle.

thats not it because the amp is a diamond d6 1200.1 that was built to handle 3 of these diamond d6 tens thats what i dont get.. and the sub isnt fully extending untill the amp comes out of protect mode and all my lights come back to normal lol.... i want my lights to dim with the 15s damn it NOT A TEN... they dont even budge with the 15s but can hit 146db....

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

im going to check them later what should they read?

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

</div>

yea i cant find any details on diamonds site

http://www.diamondaudio.com/content/view/128/142/

Edited by wildbeast15

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

</div>