Bibby's 92 Civic (update 05/03/09: Finished! Car Drives & Runs. Pics & Vids)

I see you lookin Tim. i'm beggin for comments like you now! :P

I am gonna paint it wrinkle red with polished letters, i thought i was gonna do that before i put it in the car, but funds are getting low. I'd rather have it in the car running, unpainted, than in the garage lookin pretty.

Of course i got more pics. I aint postin w/o comments! hahaha, naaa, here they are...

Another flaw, or thing about the car i must fix before I'm seen driving it, is the window tint. It was homemade. It was purple, lines weren't right, bubbles all in it, bugs even. The rear window was 5 strips all the way across. Now let me put this out there before i go forward. I refuse to drive a vehicle w/o blacked out windows. I am a very private person, and believe that your vehicle should be the same as your house. For that reason, all my vehicles have 5% tint. Now i have never gotten any trouble from the law b/c i am respectful to them. Example. They don't like the tint b/c they don't know if you have a gun or something. Every time i have ever been pulled over, i drop the windows as respect for the officers. Now. with that out there, you can see, removing tint was a very hard thing for me to do, but this looked like shit. One of the first places this car goes after its running, and legal in the following weeks, is a tint shop. At which point, it will follow suit with blacked out windows as the rest of my rides. I got a good bit done today. Pics below...

First, some examples of the old nasty tint. It wasn't dark enough anyways.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Without tint. :( fuck, i hate it. Just another small detail that makes the car overall look a ton better.

Posted Image

Looking out an untinted window.

Posted Image

Example of my red pickup.

Posted Image

Example of my FG.

Posted Image

Just something about four doors that makes them extra sexy lowered. Did your insurance work in your favor? I might of missed it, but I hope it did. Nice so far. All this work really inspires me to go out and work on the 68 AMX but as soon as I get out there I say "Fuck". Way to overwhelming, especially when you have NO money. Oh well, its day will come. Keep that shit up. Its looking really good so far. Any plans for a system or is built strictly for speed?

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

So today was tranny day. no, not those kind! I also got a bunch of parts in. I tinkered with the clutch master cylinder, and pedal today. Mostly, i got the tranny ready to hook to the motor to drop in friday.

First thing i did was clean the gears w/ wd40. then i hit the lip of the case and tranny with paint thinner to clean the connection point. Squirted some high temp red silicone on it, and hooked it up.

Stuff i got in today. (front trans bracket, linkage, shift boot w/ bracket, master cylinder and pedals)

Posted Image

After i cleaned it up with wd40

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Squirtin the high temp red silicone on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ready to drop it on

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bolting it down

Posted Image

Posted Image

lookin good man. looks like you puttin some hourse into this thing. you gonna bag it or just trhow some coil overs on it?

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

So today was a good day. I got the steering wheel, tails, corners, shift knob, and intake. Technically the steering wheel was from yesterday, but i didn't upload any pics. I put all this stuff on today along with my clutch pedal and master cylinder. Tomorrow I am dropping the shifting cable, and shifter. Then Friday the motor/trans goes in. My shift linkage is running behind, so it wont be drivable until Tuesday. That is when the linkage is scheduled to come in. I'm hoping we can at least crank it Friday.

Here are the pics.

hmmm

Posted Image

Steering Wheel, hub, Auto to manual top mount

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice looking mount

Posted Image

ha, this thing sucked so bad

Posted Image

Posted Image