Second Skin Audio

Fiq 3 12's Sealed Or 2 15's (maybe Ported)?

solo z

So as the title says fellas! Im mainly going for sound quality but also being loud. Three 12s has more cone area but I would think two 15s ported would quite loud but. if go ported will I lose the tightness???? I'm also leaning heavily towards the 3000watt sundown amp. I already have a yellow top battery and will probably go with a 8volt kinetic in the trunk w/ bigger alternator. Will either of these setups hit mid 140's?

Edit: Oh yeah this is in the trunk of a 2002 Lexus GS300

Ok. You asked for ideas. I have 2 15" fi q's in the trunk of a 2002 pontiac sunfire. I have each in their own 2.06 cube sealed enclosure after displacement facing the rear of the car. I have an audison 2000 watt single channel class a/b amplifier on them. 1000 on each. I hat 145's in the kick and 143's AT LEAST, on the dash. But I know how you could get louder, especially on 3000 watts. take the subs, mount them facing forward in a "mini-wall". Basically build a baffle right where the trunk starts where the seats fold down, build the enclosure into the trunk, and seal off ALL possible leaks of air into the cabin. What this does is, lowers the amount of air needed to compress, and you get to go vented. Makes a HUGE difference. I am about to do that in my sunfire for this comp season. Also, check out CHRIS's build. He is a moderator and had his trunk walled off with 2 15" fi q's with a crunch pro 3000d on them. He said it made a massive difference. He even has vids to show it. Just an idea. You asked for it.

edit...and if you want vids of my numbers, just ask. You can also check usaci and midwest spl. All my numbers are posted. I have taken many trophies home with the 15's sealed much less vented. And the q's are made for sound quality. From what all I have heard, they are phenominal in vented enclsures as well.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Archived