Getting That Resting Voltage Up

Guest DC Power Kyle

Guest KyleCannon

Alright guys, thanks for the info, I'll just live with the 12.8 resting voltage. The PM charger does work good, just wanted to see if i could get it a little higher, pretty dumb to go buy a new charger to get the resting voltage up :)

Alright guys, thanks for the info, I'll just live with the 12.8 resting voltage. The PM charger does work good, just wanted to see if i could get it a little higher, pretty dumb to go buy a new charger to get the resting voltage up :)

just put your powermaster charger on the settings for 5amp maintain (i think it is), Ive never used one, but from the reviews the Powermaster AGM chargers are the best. The kinetik chargers Ive all seen have few options, and have a plastic case.

It will take time to "teach" your batteries. It wont happen over night, it will take a couple weeks. Thus why I said if you havent used the batteries (or not needing to use them for a while) take them out, and let them charge for a couple weeks straight.

I use some Cheap diehard 2,10,60 amp 12 volt charger. Worked fine for me, paid like $30 for it at sears a few years back, before I knew of powermaster, and its still holding strong and not damaging the batteries so why upgrade unless i need too.

I also just want to add that if you are using a regular acid battery under the hood (dont know if you are or not) you will want to upgrade that to at least a deep cycle gel cell before teaching your batteries at a long period of time. I regular lead acid battery will not handle this and can get hot and explode!!

So just be sure to disconnect the batteries from the front battery before charging. If you got something decent under the hood, or if you got 1 power master up front and 1 in the rear disreguard this.

Guest KyleCannon

I got a D2400 in the front. So I should leave the D2400 on the PM charger for a week or so to have it learn the voltage? Or do I need to do it for longer?

Just put the D24 on the Powermaster charger and set it and forget it. Once it finishes charging the Charger will float and take care of the batt for you. No need to go out and get a whole new charger.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Is the batt currently in use? If so you might wanna ask some of the other guys but if the batt isn't currently in use it can remain on the charger indefinitely.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Archived