Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What 12's?


travo19

Recommended Posts

Posted

For the next system im wanting to do 4 or possibly 6 12's in a 6th order bandpass or something else that I can come up with that would be wicked loud on roughly 15,000 watts :hairtrick: and these are so far what I have come up with for brands I'd like to use:

Fi BL 12"

Ascendant Audio Havoc 12"

DC level 4 XL 12"

I did some calculations and the way I go for picking a sub is:

1- Volume Displacement

2- BL

3- Power

According to my calculations the Ascendant Audio Havoc yields far better displacement, BL and QTS.. I just used the specs from each brands homepage so I dont know if this is 100% correct, take for instance if I was to get an Fi BL I'd have the Flatwind option and Cooling option and I dont know how the would change the T/S.

Also another standing point for me is how I could get some Ascendant Audio subs since there are no dealers anywhere in Colorado that I know of and that are within 150miles of me.

Anyone got any opnion please chime in :friends:

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

Posted

i dont think any of them 12's are good for 2500-3750 watts. unless its for a short period of time

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Posted

Figure in imp rise, voltage drop I'll roughly see 13k true if even.. Im pretty sure it could and its not my first time handling with this much power.. I had a BL on a sundown 3000.. I have good judgement as well and I know when to back down

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 507 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...