Newb Help Here!

Slappin F150

Hey guys, my first topic on here, long time lurker though. Ok, so I have an 05 f150. I just ordered infinity kappa 6x8's all the way around. I also ordered Baffles to go behind the speakers for some better bass. Now my question is, could I get away with just using the stock HU power to the speakers? I has dvd & navi stock and I love it, not lookin to get aftermarket.. Or should I go ahead and run a 4 channel to them?

-Brad

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

you can run the factory head unit but its not gonna have the power of an aftermarket unit or an amp.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

it will be a day and night difference if you use an amp to power your speakers compared to just using the headunit power.

if you are on a budget get this kicker zx350.4

i've been using mine for about 9 months now and it still hasn't failed on me.

but if you have the budget i suggest you get a sundown 100.4, i have the 100.2 and it gives some clean power.

Ok cool. Ive never heard of sundown before I joined on here. Obviously they are good because everyone has somesort of sundown product. I was lookin at getting the RF p450.4 for the infinity's, thatll push them good enough! And yes, Ill have to use a LOC, but thats nothing new to me.

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

Im not a big fan of the punch series of amps. They arent all that great. I installed all punch series amps in my dads aveo and they are okay, but I wouldnt have gotten them if i had to pay full retail for them.

What amp would you suggest then for my 6x8's. Something around the 150-200 dollar range would be good for me.

Team DC!

imo unless u need fadeing from front to rear ied just get a good 2ch amp and run it 2ohm each side cause most 4channel amps have good power but only do it at 2ohm and ued run it 4ohmx4 and ive went from a 600w4ch to a 300w2ch and got cleaner, louder mids n highs with nere no distortion, and would be easyer to set cause u'll just have one gain instead of 2 n tryin to get front n rear speakers to play evenly is hard, u could also run a 4channel amp for ur hole system, run front n rear speakers from the front channel both left speakers off left, and both right speakers off right=2ohm stereo, and bridge ur sub on the rear channel for 4ohm mono or what ever ohm load it is, and do it that way i have and its worked really good and just run a loc from stock alt behind headunit, but might have stock amps, i sujest gettin a aftermarket headunit, run a loc from stock radio and run rcas from that to ur aftermarkets input so when u want navi u can do that and if u want somethin else u can use ur aftermarket for ur system and still use stock radio, i dunno if anyones thought of that just place new headunit in glove box or center console or find a place under or over the stock radio n mount there n should work ok i think, but no u dont loose sq from a loc cause my friend did one hell of a sq setup ina bmw 750i and had no distortion what so ever and was loud as shit, he used this http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/STINGER_...TER_p_8445.html

stinger.jpg

hope this helps n sorry for long post

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Thanks! The infinitys are a 2 ohm speaker design so I could run it off a decent 4 channel and get good power. The infinitys are good for 100 rms each, so if I got a 450.4 or the sundown50.4 Id be able to push them without maxing out the amp. The truck already has a LOC going to it for the sub, so thats already set up. Im just waiting for the friggin UPS guy!

Team DC!

Archived