New Living Room Entertainment

i just got a new tv and surround sound and the batteries are dead on my camera so im going to take some real pictures tomorrow but this is what i got.

46" samsung 1080p flat panel lcd hdtv http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1202649424693

8749447cv1a.jpg

and for surround sound

8715759_ra.jpg

this is exactly what i got but all 4 of my speakers are the tall speakers like the 2 in the picture. it has a ipod dock and xm ready. the back speakers are wireless too thats my favorite part. its bad ass.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1200702389192

now im just trying to decide whether or not i want to hang the tv on the wall. ud have to see the room, i want to hang it over the fire place but its off center of the sofa, kinda goofy lookin. again ill take pics tomorrow :) HAPPY NEW YEAR

Edited by rookie023

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

4 Kicker CVX 12's (under construction)

14jamvo.jpg

ur gonna have to clue me in.. im not a huge home audio buff. it just looked bad ass so i bought it after i played with it in the store :)

if you watching football and the camera is trying to keep up with a runner going downfield. the screen will turn into little squares. Because the screen in only "updating" the picture 60 times per second. With a 120 hz you will get a clearer picture in action movies or sports.

here is a link

http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/thread/49121.aspx

and a quote

You should definitely wait for it if you plan on watching video information with a lot of motion or fast action (gaming, sports, movies). I have the 40" Samsung of the 66 series (only 60hz) and I was contemplating a Sharp 46" 82U series because of the 120hz. I ultimately decided upon the Samsung only because the 46" Sharp was way to big for my bedroom. Anyway, I would say wait for it because I'm betting you'll use it for sports and so motion blur and other screen artifacts will be even more noticeable in a 52" sized LCD screen. I saw a demo for the Sharp 92U series where the screen was split into 2 sides, one side 60hz, the other 120hz, it was a tremendous difference. Anyway hope this helped.
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

if you watching football and the camera is trying to keep up with a runner going downfield. the screen will turn into little squares. Because the screen in only "updating" the picture 60 times per second. With a 120 hz you will get a clearer picture in action movies or sports.

here is a link

http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/thread/49121.aspx

and a quote

then i put the wrong one on there. i just got this thing. its supposedly got all the newest stuff. i remember the guy telling me it was 120 hz but i didnt know what the hell that meant

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

14jamvo.jpg

120hz just adds information that's not really there. video cameras are 30fps and there's no way around that aspect of television. i don't understand why you would want to get the 120hz except maybe for a 6:6 24fps film pulldown, howver all the 120hz lcd's i used just murdered film when i tried to use their 120hz pulldown processing (but they were 6:4).

ZAP!!

120hz just adds information that's not really there. video cameras are 30fps and there's no way around that aspect of television. i don't understand why you would want to get the 120hz except maybe for a 6:6 24fps film pulldown, howver all the 120hz lcd's i used just murdered film when i tried to use their 120hz pulldown processing (but they were 6:4).

well i could have swarn the guy told me that it was 120 hz but i cant seem to find it on best buy now. the tv i posted a picture of looks just like mine. i cant really look at mine or read the book on it or ne thing cause its in mobile and im in mississippi so ill have to check it out tomorrow. it very well could be the 60 hz

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

14jamvo.jpg

yes its in everyones head

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

it really doesnt matter to me. it looks awesome, sounds awesome. thats all i wanted

thats all that matters, hell my tv is only 1080i :blush:

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER