Jump to content

Kenwood 5.25"speakers Fried


bassboombottom

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, I think I now know what is going on. It's my front speakers that are crapping out. The back speakers work wonderfully as ever. Now If it is my speakers that are done for, could I get some cheap replacement speakers and use them till i get some cash to get some good quality ones?

Also, I have never taken anything off or out of my ride before. Could I go to wally world and grab a Scosche (sp) stereo install kit? I think it comes with the trim removal tool, screw divers, and some other items. And I think my door has like 3 screws anyhow, its the trim and the gromets im worried about breaking.

8v fury said:

 

 

Posted
Well, I think I now know what is going on. It's my front speakers that are crapping out. The back speakers work wonderfully as ever. Now If it is my speakers that are done for, could I get some cheap replacement speakers and use them till i get some cash to get some good quality ones?

Also, I have never taken anything off or out of my ride before. Could I go to wally world and grab a Scosche (sp) stereo install kit? I think it comes with the trim removal tool, screw divers, and some other items. And I think my door has like 3 screws anyhow, its the trim and the gromets im worried about breaking.

Its up to you on if you wanted to get some cheap replacements for your doors. Personally I'd save for what I really want. Just save what you have now, and when you get more cash go pick up the speakers you wanted.

Those Scosche Install kits are alright. Either way just be careful so you don't break your trim/grommet pieces.

How old are your Kenwoods? What were you powering them with?

Derp.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 971 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...