Second Skin Audio

Help Rebuilding A Awt18x Linear Compression 18" Sub

Hokay... Soo I bought this AWT18X Sub from a shop a few years back. The sub had a twin, and it was in their demo car which took an unfortunate demise and rolled over. It took me close to a year to finally build a box and get it into my car. Anyways I played it for a few days, and then it pretty much seized. I had it tested, it was definitely FUBAR.. It wasn't anything that I did wrong, I didn't hammer it hard, I didn't distort it and it was definitely wired correctly. In the mean time.... The shop I bought the sub from when belly up and they were utterly useless, much like at the time of purchase. So what I am curious about is if anyone would know anything about these subs, and how I could get a rebuild kit or any suggestions. Currently, its a hundred something pound chunk of aluminum that works great for a paper weight. Here are the specs... P.S they don't make it anymore. If I can figure out how to put pictures of it up, I would.. :search:

# PHAT 2" Foam Surround

# Titanium Aluminum cone

# Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coils

# 1 Ohm or 4 Ohm Operation

# Titanium / Aluminum Cone

# PATENT PENDING

# SIZE : 18"

# Magnet Weight: 480 oz

# Power Handling : 4000 RMS

# Frequency Response : 18Hz - 500Hz

# Efficiency: 88.1dB

# Voice Coil : 5" Dual 2 Ohms

# Operation : 1 ohms or 2 Ohms

# Mounting Depth : 9 3/8"

# Hole Cutout : 17 7/8"

# Outer Diameter : 20 1/4"

THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT!!

2008 Lancer

1994 Intrepid http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/phatboy2nv

***SEEKING A GRUMMAN LLV POSTAL TRUCK ****

18" Audiobahn

TREO 1500.1

Zapco AG360

MB Quart Components

Optima Blue Tops

TUTORIAL: Posting Images

EDIT: Realized that that could look a little obnoxious. I can't help you with info on rebuilding the sub, but I can link you to a page that teaches you how to post pictures.

In the mean time, this is the page I found on the AWT18X

EDIT2: OP, I found this: http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/online/gen...18x-repair.html

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I doubt you'll be able to repair it unless you can get parts direct from Audiobahn. It uses too many 'odd' bits, like a 5" coil.

Yeah I figured, the link on the previous post to the Canadian Car Audio site, was me back in 06 trying to find some help on rebuilding it. I haven't drove the car in about 2 summers, so it hasn't been a big deal, but I figured I would give it a shot, its such a cool looking sub. If anyone has any suggestions keep them coming... Thanks

2008 Lancer

1994 Intrepid http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/phatboy2nv

***SEEKING A GRUMMAN LLV POSTAL TRUCK ****

18" Audiobahn

TREO 1500.1

Zapco AG360

MB Quart Components

Optima Blue Tops

well you wont get the parts from audiobahn thats for sure, they shutdown plus they have not had those woofers fo exchange or the parts for a long time. im sure someone on this forum would have some similar parts to recone it, pm forevabumpin(sp)

Edited by 97maxima

American Bass*DC Power