Anl Fuse Placement

any wire that comes off of a battery terminal SHOULD be fused, dosent matter if the battery is in the back of the trunk or in the engine compartment. And it dosent matter if you already have a fuse near the front battery, you need one near the rear battery too. This is to make sure that if the wire gets cut or is somehow damaged in between the fuses then both fuses will trip and no harm will be done to either battery, if you only had a fuse on one battery then the fuse will trip and protect the front battery but the rear battery would be damaged and will be likely explode if not cause a fire.

Example:

Front battery > 300A fuse > 1/0 gauge to the rear of the car > 300A fuse > rear battery

and,

Rear battery > 200A? fuse > 1/0 gauge wire to a distribution block > fuses in the dist. block for each run of wire > amps

If would run 4 gauge wire from the rear battery to the amp if you are only gonna power 1 amp off the battery...but if you are gonna run multiple amps off the rear battery then i would use 1/0 from the battery to a dist. block then power my amps from there (thats what dist. blocks are for...)

Or you can run 1/0 from the battery straight to the amp and use a 1/0 to 4 gauge reducer, thats what im currently running on my setup.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Ok so just get a 4ga wire to run to my amp off the rear battery with a 150a ANL fuse 16" away on the power wire from the battery. I think I got it.

Pictures are not able to happen because I haven't installed anything. I am getting ALL product and wiring before I do it all. I have all my toys and just need to get the wires now so I am asking all about them.

Thank you everyone for yalls help. I need to look online for the product numbers and then I'll be set.

so you need

1 fuse under the hood..after the battery...

1 fuse in the trunk before the rear battery...

1 fuse in the trunk AFTER the rear battery...

and your good to go?

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

If there is a fuse under the hood then why would I need a fuse in the truck b4 the rear battery? Seeing how the wire under the hood goes to the rear battery. I will just need a fuse under the hood and a fuse going from the battery in back to the amp.

i dont know if i read it correctly but i believe he said that you need it because

if there is a short (damage) somewhere along the run of power wire from your front batery fuse to your rear battery fuse,

then the fuse will stop your second battery from blowing up/catching on fire and from being damaged basically...

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

this shit dont make sence, ok if the wire runnin from front battery to rear battery is (cut, split or what knot) and shorts out it will trip the front fuse but how will it trip the back one cause it will only trip if the wire is shorted out from the rear fuse to battery in the lil bit of wire there, i useto do electrical work on houses and thats why there only 1-2 or so breakers on one circuit because if the wire gets shorted out or what in the line it will trip the hole thing, but that might be a lil diff, why dont someone take a line of wire 8guage or so and run it outside between 2 batterys, put a fuse at front battery and one at back n make a ground wire between em, and strip it back, and srip a pice of the pos between the batterys and short it out and see witch fuses blow if both do or not, cause a friend of mine had a system n when they took it out they didn't take out teh front fuse and it was 150-250amp fuse and didn't blow and the wire was on bare metal in the trunk and the front fuse melted but didn't blow, and some agu fuses have 3 seperate fuse points, and i blew one side, but the fuse still worked sence the other 2 pieces was still intacted lol, but anyways i dont see the need in 2 fuses but sence theres 2 battery than 1 normally i can see how cause u get more amprage with 2 batterys than 1 so that current flow goes up so double fusing the power wire is a lil over kill but will save ur equitment so i say do it, and when fuseing between rear battery to amp ied put a fuse with the amps fuse rateing or like if its got 4 30amp fuses ied do a 100amp fuse so the fuse will blow befor the ones in teh amp, i like to fuse a lil bit below the amps fuse rateing just incase, anyways good luck

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

and what i was talkin about was this http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Count=1 run 0guage to this and it steps it down to 4guage input and those kinda hold better than strippin wire or so ive heard, and works ok i guess

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

that was one huge cluster fuck of words thru out this posting. haha. i kept up though.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

For those who don't understand.

I have a HC1400 under the hood. And a HC800 in the rear. I will be running a 0ga wire to connect them together for extra voltage power.

The amp will be connected off the HC800.

Off the HC800 I am asking this: Should I run a 4ga wire off the HC800 to the amp because the amp takes 4ga power input?

OR

Shall I run a 0ga wire off the HC800 and run the 0ga into a converter and convert it down to a 4ga wire?

When I was asking were to place the ANL fuse I was saying if I used the converter then would I place to the ANL on the 0ga or the 4ga but I don't think it will matter because I will be using a 4ga straight off the rear battery to my amp (will the ANL acourse).

Sorry for all the confusion. I have been having internet problems. I did have AOL dial up and I live too far out to get dsl or anything. My mom got mad at AOL and told them if they wouldn't change a few passwords then we were cancelling (I am 18). So my only internet connection is off my blackberry.

I think everyone should understand now.

ok, im pretty sure i understand what you are saying, so heres what you should do. starting with your front battery run you 1/0 into your fuse holder. then from your fuse holder to the trunk into another fuse holder. then from that fuse holder to your rear battery. that way if anything happens to your 1/0 from the front to the back, both of your batteries will be protected. now, depending on how many amps ypu are running you could go 2 different ways with the next part.

scenario #1: single amplifier w/ 4 gauge input: run 4 gauge from rear battery into amp. fusing optional. plain and simple

scenario #2: multiple amplifiers w/ 4 gauge inputs: run 1/0 from rear battery into fused dist. block, then from dist. block run 4 gauge to your amps.

i hope this clears up any confusion for you. good luck w/ your install

EDIT: and if i got anything wrong here please correct me anyone

Edited by pmpnu2

2001 chevy blazer xtreme

my blazer xtreme build

On top of all that, my little sister is marrying a real fuckin winner tomorrow

I've gotten that much wood just viewing this thread. :blush: