Second Skin Audio

Help With Enclosure

Sub.jpg

why is it that my tuning of my box is so high?it would like it at 35 hz but it's always just ginving me a higher frequency then it'd like. the subs are soundstream t4-15's

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

ttt

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Because you have two 8" round ports in a 3.7cuft box :)

-Drew

(PS for the port size- its asking radius which means 4" radius is 8" diameter and 2" radius is 4" diameter google is your friend if your still confused)

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

ohhh word thanks man now i got it.it works now thanks drew.

hey do these boxes look any good for a trunk type car?

beanz35hz1.jpg

beanz35hz2.jpg

mazdaspl drew these up for me.

i dont have a lot of knowledge on the build- but first thing i note is they going into a very small box that will be pretty peaky. the woofers will fit on the front face so i would do a side loaded front facing box- or play around with front firing ports through the deck.

There really isnt anything wrong with the design seems strong enough

-Drew

**12s or 15s? the more i look the more i second guess myself

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

they are 15s. i know it's gonna be a tricky thing.

well i did want then to be facing the trunk(subs)and the ports firing up but not through the deck(still paying off car and too much of a wus to do that).

they are goin in to a 2001 grand prix.

dont have that much space to work in it really.

but if i get all the ingo then YES bulid log coming up i just wanted to get the tunning of the box and then maybe a sketch up since this will be my first box that ill ever do.

well GL on the box- with 3.7cuft and 15s i would go sealed or a setup like bangin altima and do aeros external into the car if anything. let us know how it sounds :good:

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

i do have it sealed just that the subs that i have dont really go good with sealed,meant really for ported box those subs,