Second Skin Audio

Design Me A Box....

Alright, I'm looking for any help/knowledgeable suggestions on building my new box. I have had a few discussions with Steve and I'm looking for something close to his dimentions (Which he could'nt remember off hand) but maybe alittle bigger (Which he suggested) as I have more room then he does.

I will be running 4-DC Audio Lvl4 18's and I want the woofers facing up/port back and this is for music but I want it to hit the low,low's when needed.

Looking at the picture I can go 48" side to side....48" from front to back (Which leaves me about 9" from the rear doors but you tell me if that is too close or too far for the port air space)...and 20" high ( I will be doing 2 layers of 3/4 MDF for the woofers and a trim piece so they look flush)

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

:8)

Edited by *1LOWSUV*

so you want the top to be 1 1/2 inches plus a beauty panel? or do you mean double baffle with one being countersunk for the subs like steves?

I can design you a box on the cheap (10 bones) lemme know we can work on a design before you pay and if you like then you can pat if not then no harm no fowl

so you want the top to be 1 1/2 inches plus a beauty panel?

Exactly what I want...Beauty ring will be thinner and have no bearing on the box.

BTW...before anyone asks about tuning...I KNOW NOTHING about tuning. Tha past few years I have given Rick Logan (Haven't seen or heard from him for awhile) my dimentions and he kicks me out some measurements and tells me what it "should" be tuned too if I built it right.

I listen to lots of Santana, WAR, Isely Bros, EW&F, Salsa, 60's Rock, 80's Freestyle and 80's Hip-Hop...Not too much into whats out now but will load it onto the iPod if its good for a demo. :8)

23cubes418s35hz3002port.jpg

roughly 20 cubes after displacement 300^2 of port tuned to 35 hz

i know its not same as meades

if you dont like it see what james has to offer

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

are you looking for something like this but ported?

4dclvl315fi0.jpg

Just like that but with less bracing and the port has to face the rear doors. I've had ports facing up and to the little tire space on the drivers side but Upwards facing with a rear port has always been the loudest.

:8)