zaxfire69 Posted February 20, 2009 Report Posted February 20, 2009 I see you guys love that Alpine unit. I am in the market for a new headunit. I am torn between Alpine or Eclipse.
xx24xx Posted February 21, 2009 Report Posted February 21, 2009 The Alpine 9887 is pretty nice. The iPod functions work great because I can search by song, artist, album, playlist etc. I think it would have been great if we could use the volume knob as a scroll wheel, but it uses numbers to each track and you can jump with the 1-6 radio buttons. The detachable face isn't motorized wich kinda sucks because I think it would be cool. But then again thats just something that won't break. I'm really not a fan of volume knobs that have that "click" in the turn. I'd rather it be smooth with the ability to turn it up with 1 finger. Kinda like home receivers. I wish the buttons pushed in a little easier as well. I'm just nit picking though. The display is very clean and visible both day and night, though comes a bit short with 2 lines of text. It's a great unit under $300 with a plethora of optional add-ons. I think they did a great job of keeping it simple yet elegant. Alpines are my fav in terms of looks (excluding the old 1.5 din and these new ipod specific head units). lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6 DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.