Stereo In My Wharehouse! Please Help

Ok so i have a large commercial building that i keep all my offroad racing team/toys at... its a 6000 sq ft building, thats basically a huge square. i have a little lounge area that i was going to put some couches/tv/dvd player ect. we also like to rock out while were working on the cars.

i have a decent denon recieiver AVR-686 that i have and was going to use, i want to know what a good speaker choice would be. basically i was going to put a speaker in each corner of the building. being that it has concrete walls at the ceiling is about 18' tall i figured it could get real loud real easy/cheap.

any suggestions on some speakers that would fit my needs???

thanks!!

AG

Ok so i have a large commercial building that i keep all my offroad racing team/toys at... its a 6000 sq ft building, thats basically a huge square. i have a little lounge area that i was going to put some couches/tv/dvd player ect. we also like to rock out while were working on the cars.

i have a decent denon recieiver AVR-686 that i have and was going to use, i want to know what a good speaker choice would be. basically i was going to put a speaker in each corner of the building. being that it has concrete walls at the ceiling is about 18' tall i figured it could get real loud real easy/cheap.

any suggestions on some speakers that would fit my needs???

thanks!!

AG

need to be more specificic, are you going to build Towers, and do you want 12's 15's or 18's? What about mids and highs?

Brands would be DC, FI, RE, AA, I mean pretty much anything on this forum is a good choice, plus you'll need amps, to power the subs.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

i wouldnt use car audio stuff for this aplication. go with DJ or concert speakers. they are really the same IMO.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

i wouldnt use car audio stuff for this aplication. go with DJ or concert speakers. they are really the same IMO.

ohhh no no i dont want to use car audio, i just want 4 speakers i can throw up in each corner of my shop for some loud tunes. i dont even care if they run off the receiver, i dont need big amps ect...

more or less i just want 4 cheap, loud dj or home audio type speakers.

no that wasnt ment towards you at all. it was for the person that posted above me. all the brands he mentioned were car audio brands. yeah ik what you mean

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

What would suit you would be powered speakers. Easy to lift plastic bins that can be placed in position, a signal lead and a power lead run to them and that is all. If you can afford them, my first reccommendation are the RCF TT22A's. They are tough on the wallet, so if that is a concern, try the RCF 300A or the JBL EON or the TAPCO T-15A. The TT22A will be the absolute best performing powered loudspeaker for you, however the latter three will perform quite well in this situation.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

What would suit you would be powered speakers. Easy to lift plastic bins that can be placed in position, a signal lead and a power lead run to them and that is all. If you can afford them, my first reccommendation are the RCF TT22A's. They are tough on the wallet, so if that is a concern, try the RCF 300A or the JBL EON or the TAPCO T-15A. The TT22A will be the absolute best performing powered loudspeaker for you, however the latter three will perform quite well in this situation.

Cheers,

Mick

So just say i bought 4 powered loud speakers. what would run back to the receiver? or how do they work...

powered speakers are gonna have an XLR input and probably a balanced 1/4" input. so you'll have to turn an RCA from the preouts on the receiver into 1/4" or XLR.

easiest way would be from RCA to 1/4", easy to do/make/find.

edit: also mackie has some decent powered speakers for real decent money, i think they come in 12's maybe 15's, i used some for a PA rig one time in a small venue (just 2 of them) and they villed the room really well.

Edited by qu1cks1lver56

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

powered speakers are gonna have an XLR input and probably a balanced 1/4" input. so you'll have to turn an RCA from the preouts on the receiver into 1/4" or XLR.

easiest way would be from RCA to 1/4", easy to do/make/find.

edit: also mackie has some decent powered speakers for real decent money, i think they come in 12's maybe 15's, i used some for a PA rig one time in a small venue (just 2 of them) and they villed the room really well.

the powered speakers seem cool, quite expensive though. also the runs from the speakers would be quite LONG! in a 6k sq ft building. i imagine the xlr cable is not cheap.

i was thinking more the traditional home theater speaker with a sub, a high and a tweet, with just a simple speaker wire +/-

they dont have to be high end names either