i actually only paid bout 300,, cost of parts,, it helps to know the shop owner,, but since then,, everythings gone up a bit,, check www.summitracing.com out,, they should have cheap prices on the muffler, and the cat if you decide to go that route

$290 for cat and $70 for the muffler... $360 + labor since i dont know any OWNERS of any shops. I know Chode69 works at a shop but I dont know if they do exhaust... I think i remember seeing exhaust in there but not sure. even then i highly dought he could get me a decent deal on a exhaust install because that shop is insanely over priced...

all i would need is the cat and the muffler and then take it to a shop or do i need anything else before it can be installed?

im trying o get an estimate on it how bad my wallet will be feelin' haha.

Now a dumb question. It probably wont pass inspection after i do this will it? i have to go back in a lil less than a year.

Edited by NoFearX18

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

you could install it yourself, even if you dont have a welder,, at just about any parts store, in the exhaust section,, theres dozens of different sizes of reducers, couplers and clamps, so all you would have to do is cut yours off, and bolt everything back on,, but i prefer to have them welded personally

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

I had a 40 series on my 2000 blazer it sounded ok until i put headers and got a new y pipe without the factory resonator. Once the resonator was gone. That sum bitch sounded down right mean as hell. I have a 94 blazer 4.3 as my beater now and I wanna put a 40 on it.

2015 Chevy Sonic

CTX65cs - Image Dynamics 6.5" front

CTX65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" rear

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4
Sundown SAE-600D

Sundown SD3-10

i have the flowmaster 50 series suv on my 00 jimmy, it does make alittle difference but i would go with the 40 series if i had to buy it again. i got it from summit racing, they have the cheapest muffflers. it ended up being 160 for everything. 100 for the muffler and 60 to get it put on. i would go with muffler with no cat, so you can notice the difference.

i have the flowmaster 50 series suv on my 00 jimmy, it does make alittle difference but i would go with the 40 series if i had to buy it again. i got it from summit racing, they have the cheapest muffflers. it ended up being 160 for everything. 100 for the muffler and 60 to get it put on. i would go with muffler with no cat, so you can notice the difference.

removing the cat is a waste of time and not worth the hassle when trying to get inspected.

2015 Chevy Sonic

CTX65cs - Image Dynamics 6.5" front

CTX65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" rear

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4
Sundown SAE-600D

Sundown SD3-10

If cost is an issue, take a look at Thrush mufflers, they have 2 styles, a turbo muffler and a welded muffler, I have had both on my PT and the welded one (looks like a flowmaster) sounds very nice and sounds like a stock V8, gets quieter as the rpms increase, so no droning on the highway, smoother sound than flowmaster on a smaller engine.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG