First System....nothing Special

Well I finally got me a so called system....Keep in mind that I am only 15, and can't work. I also pay for everything that I buy and I have other priorities first before dumping 500+ into a system...

Anyways I kept my JVC KD-S690 headunit....older headunit but I will be replacing it in a few months anyways. For amps I went with (2) JL 12" w1's in a sealed box with a Alpine 350w amp pushing them. For door speakers I am waiting on my pair of Soundstream SST6.9's to come in....

QUESTION: Every now and then my subs decide to stop.....nothing at all. All I have to do is take the key out and put it back in and turn it on then they come right back on without any problems. They do this when I have it turned up a good bit (volume). Also what settings should I have my headunit and amp on? Thanks

I will get some pictures and a video posted soon. Overall I am happy with what I have for now, it is in a 1989 Dodge Ramcharger. Older truck and it needs work besides a system but this got me going and as I said, for my first system I am happy. Oh also got a jensen 300w amp for my door speakers.....best part is......only paid $250 for it all!

looks good man.

the reason might be that your amp is going into protect

when the subs shut off if i were you i would

invest ina more powerful and better amp.

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

The reason that your subs are turning off is because your amp is going into protection. This could be for allot of reasons, but seeing as its only happening when you have it turned up I am pretty sure you are getting a clipped signal. Keep the bass boost down, and when you subs start to sound muddy or distorted its time to turn them down. Good luck man.

Sounds like the amp is going into protect. Gain might be set to high or you could have a loose ground wire. Looks good though man keep up the good work

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

Archived