Ok...I've never seen this asked by anyone and I've asked it myself, but why do people paint the inside of the port black???

So if you carpet/paint, or coat it with something you just don't see plan MDF in the port.  Makes it look a lot better IMO.  Plus it adds like 20 dBz duh!!!!!! :shiftyph34r:

Jon

Incriminator Audio: No Chrome, No Carbon Fiber, No BS!! Period....

www.incriminatoraudio.com

Stereo Integrity: Your source for the finest Hi-fi speakers and speaker systems

www.stereointegrity.com

Sound Solutions Audio: Best darn click you'll ever make!

www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

***.gif

Okie dokie...thanks guys. And I know he was joking about the 20deebeez thing too. At least I hope he was joking and there's not someone out there that dumb. Kinda like saying stickers add 10 HP to your car, LoL. Anyways....thanks for explaining that one to me.....I'd rather just paint the box cause that carpet shit likes to rip or come off around the seams.

if you carpet it good and don't move your enclosure in and out of the truck you want have to worry about the seams coming apart.  ............. hey nice box though bro, should be very loud.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

if you carpet it good and don't move your enclosure in and out of the truck you want have to worry about the seams coming apart.  ............. hey nice box though bro, should be very loud.

crappy glue, mdf not cleaned off, and other things lead to this.

It ain't a big as deal or anything, I just hate to see it happening. I didn't build my box or carpet it, a shop did. And it was never moved once it was in the truck, shit was too bulky to move, LoL. It just started coming off at a seam and was hanging off around the port (I cut that crap off anyways.)

Back on topic, I like the build up of the box, if you got some new battrees, get us some more pix of the bracing and whatever else you feel like taking pictures of, LoL.

Got the box carpeted and in the truck.  I couldn't find a place around here that I could get a solid piece of black carpet the would go around this box, so I had to get 3 3x6 sections and put them together to get around this monster. And for this being my second time carpeting, I think it turned out nice, at least for me!! LOL!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

Archived