As most of you know by now, I have spent a good part of the last year battling stomach cancer.

Well after two operations, and months of chemo/radiation, I am finally getting better,but I am still having serious pain on a daily basis.

So my Doctor has me on Oxycontin 40mg 2x a day, and Percocet 10 mg 3 to 4x a day as needed for pain. They both help with releiving the pain, and my doc says I should be looking at taking these for at least the next 9 months to a year.

But to be honest I am scared shitless, I have been doing some reading online, and I am hearing nothing but horror stories about withdraw from these after you stop taking them, my doctor says when the time comes he will decrease the dosage to ween me off of them,and that I should not worry about that now, he says I should just concentrate on getting better.

Even though it will be a while before I will be able to stop taking them because of the pain I am in on a day to day basis, All of this stuff I have been reading online about them has me kind of spoked about it.

Has anyone here ever taken these meds?, and if so can you tell me your experiences with them.Like I said earlier, my doctor told me I am looking at being on these for at least a year,but I still want to know what I am in for when it comes time to stop taking them.

Any info anyone here can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joey

most people steal these drugs and sell them on the "streets" because they are addictive... but people can and have been weened off of them like your doctor said.. but also as your doctor said JUST WORRY ABOUT GETTING BETTER... because right now thats all you need to worry about...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

if you can overcome the mental addiction the physical wont be a problem,just like any other drug (substance)..addiction is a filthy animal!!!!!

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

i hate doctors but i have no personal xp with those drugs but i know people that had to take 1 or the other of those and i didnt like how the were when they had to stop them but thats a long story personally dont like taking meds unless i absolutly (sp) have to but ive heard bad things about those 2 specific drugs, what u can do is se if he can find sumthing thats not as horrific as those since its for pain.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

I have a couple of buddies who had to go to rehab for painpills. They are better now after rehab but it took them awhile. I think you'll be fine as long as you dont abuse them, not saying that you will, but thats how most people get addicted to them. I broke my ankle last year pretty bad and I couldn't take the pain pills too good, made me feel all loopy, lol. I didn't like them, so of course I had one buddy that everytime he came over I had to hide the pills. I know a guy who buys OC 40's and OC 80's for like $35 and $65 dollars a pill and then snorts them. Not trying to freak you out man, just take them like your Doctor says and you should be fine bro. Hope everything goes well man.

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

I know a guy who buys OC 40's and OC 80's for like $35 and $65 dollars a pill and then snorts them. Not trying to freak you out man, just take them like your Doctor says and you should be fine bro. Hope everything goes well man.

sooo are u saying he should sell them?

:rofl:

J/K

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

My friend got addicted to painkillers when he was taking them like his doctor told him and he wasn't even taking oxycotton. oxycotton is synthetic heroin which is why its so addictive. What happens alot is patients on oxycotton will get addicted and their brains tell them they are in pain when they really are not. But like everyone else is saying as long as you concentrate on getting better and don't over use them i think when the pain stops you will want to stop taking painkillers.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

Oxycontin and Oxycodone (both the same drug) are extremely addictive, Oxycodone being among the most addictive of the synthetic opiod codeine. I've experimented and gone for a good bit strung out on both. They make you extremely sick, if you've ever heard the term "dope sick" or someone talk about getting the flu after coming off O.Cs then that's what they're talking about. I would take them on a VERY as needed basis. I'm not trying to scare you but Oxycontin is exactly like heroin, and 40 mg is a really high dose, one would make me puke if I did it right now, then again you're taking them orally and they're suspended release. They shouldn't make you sick when you do them, but I would have that doc checked out if he told you continually take them for 9 months, that's not safe at all. Like I said take them on a VERY as needed basis because I know what it feels like and I've seen others become real bad off getting sick off those things.

Edited by camino_1to3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

I worked in anesthesia for 3 years and had to learn all kinds of stuff for drugs becuase it was in the operating rooms, not just pain killers but caffine, sleeping pills, just about anything can be addictive. Like most people said it's more a mental addiction becuase it's the habit of taking them period. I currently am addicted to caffine drinks go figure! I would try to take the pain as much as I could but I don't how bad it is for you.