Jump to content

What car?  

59 members have voted

  1. 1. What Car?

    • 2009 G8 GT
      21
    • 2008 Tahoe/Suburban
      25
    • 2005 GTO
      8
    • 2007 dakota
      2
    • 2008 durango
      1
    • 2007 Jeep Wrangler
      2


Recommended Posts

Posted

Sexy right? But if you want to put 18"s in the back like your sig says, don't get a Sport. Get the full size Range Rover.

They only got one there and no pics. :search:

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Posted

They only got one there and no pics. :search:

Oh ok. The only thing I disslike about Land Rover btw, is it takes premium fuel. Believe me, that hurt us back when gas was like $4 a gallon. Like $140 to fiill up at a time. But for everything else, I don't think there is a single SUV that competes w/ them except for a Mercedes G-Wagon. Now that shit's just great.
Posted

you have a different variety of vehicles to choose from.... consider how long you are gonna keep it, what you really want to do with it, and what will serve you every need the best.

I voted for the Tahoe, because first off I dont care for anything that chrysler builds, especially their trucks. I dont really consider Jeep a chrysler product, but the are starting to look more and more chrysler and less like a jeep as the years pass..... I have owned several jeeps , and I loved them all, but they are just not the best daily drivers out there for more than a few years. although I never had one with a hard top, so that might change things.

As far as the cars go, if you got 45 grand to spend , why look at a pontiac... Ever test drove a Lexus IS350 ? A BMW ... M-B even a Audi ? you wont look at a pontiac ever again. How about the 09 Maxima, or even the Accord... there are much better cars out there for the money, granted, they may not be V8 power houses, but the the GTO and the G8 have a genetic GM car defect, the interiors dont last, they make damn good trucks, but the GTO has been reviewed by every car rag out there and they all say the same thing, the passenger cabin was a after thought , done soley to provide a way to control the engine and a place from which to drive the car. Just compare the quality of the tahoe interior to that of the pontiac car line.... There is a huge difference of fit and build quality , with the tahoe built to a much higher quality than the pontiac cars are.

I say the tahoe, because, well they do it all. They have great power, great looks , and can carry a handful of people with ease, all while toting a cargo area full of luggage and / or stereo system. They are easy to modify if you want to , because the aftermarket loves them. They are popular enough and common place enough that taking care of them is simple, if the thing ever goes into the shop, it will prolly be fixed that day, cause the dealer will always stock parts for one of its best selling vehicles. Any set of rims, of any size will always make a tahoe look good. I have yet to talk to any tahoe owner that hated buying it, or even wanted to get rid of it. They are a true multi purpose vehicle, and they dont really get too terrible gas mileage. Had I been able to buy one new for what i paid for my FJ cruiser brand new, ( 29 grand ) I would have bought one myself. I just couldnt bring myself to finance a used tahoe with 45,000 miles or whatever , when I could buy a some what comparable vehicle brand new within my budget. Hell, now though, I prolly could go and get one for close to that, but after the countless amount time and money I have in sound deadener alone, I am gonna keep what I got... Unless I can drive off the lot for about 25 - 26 grand brand new..... maybe by the end of the year.... who knows....

Tahoe Hands down.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties
Posted

The 2008 tahoe is $39,000 5,300miles. But could probly easly get it for $34,000(good friends with owner) and that leaves me $11,000 for a system.

Thanks for the input trainman.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4487 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...