Neo_frog Posted February 3, 2009 Report Posted February 3, 2009 So I'm looking for a new head unit and I've taken a notice to this one. It has everything I want, but I haven't seen anything about navigation. I'm not familiar with Alpine products, so is there a way to add it on? Or is there another radio I should check out? I'm looking for one that will play all formats of music and video (including Divx, MP3, WMA, AAC, etc...), have a time alignment microphone, navigation, high volt preout, touchscreen, etc... All the good stuff. Any recommendations? No budget so feel free to list. Single DIN if you ask BTW. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
jay05 Posted February 3, 2009 Report Posted February 3, 2009 ya there is goto the alpine web site.... i have the d-106 in my car and its a badass screen i love it... the only thing i didnt like is how alpine put the safty stuff on em so the only way u can get to any of the settings or watch a dvd is to install the switches to the ebrake and brake pedal.... but other then that its a very nice screen and i believe u add the navigation to it threw the AI net cable on the back of it kansas city
Neo_frog Posted February 3, 2009 Author Report Posted February 3, 2009 ya there is goto the alpine web site.... i have the d-106 in my car and its a badass screen i love it... the only thing i didnt like is how alpine put the safty stuff on em so the only way u can get to any of the settings or watch a dvd is to install the switches to the ebrake and brake pedal.... but other then that its a very nice screen and i believe u add the navigation to it threw the AI net cable on the back of it Well if I'm not mistaken, can't you just bypass the safety by grounding out the e-brake wire like most other radios? Or is it designed differently? Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
dwright27 Posted February 3, 2009 Report Posted February 3, 2009 probably gotta use the blackbird for the nav. edit: NEO im pretty sure its designed different but i could be wrong. like th enew pioneer units on the F90BT at least, you have to actually move onw of the wires to the RCA harness and ground that and the ebraketo cancel out the speed sense its a PITA but not to bad. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
Neo_frog Posted February 3, 2009 Author Report Posted February 3, 2009 probably gotta use the blackbird for the nav. Ok, I just wanna make sure it will interface with the unit before I buy it. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
jay05 Posted February 3, 2009 Report Posted February 3, 2009 the navigation is the NVE-N872A....the blackbird is for the double din screens because they have a docking station when u open it up the singles dins dont.. edit: i have mine grounded threw the ebrake like u said and the brake pedal one is by passed threw the cigarette lighter and its all on switches in my car kansas city
Neo_frog Posted February 3, 2009 Author Report Posted February 3, 2009 Ok, are there any other units I should look into with all these options? Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
xx24xx Posted February 20, 2009 Report Posted February 20, 2009 Wouldn't a flip out screen shake like hell with a lot of bass? lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6 DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.