subs and amp wiring... (ohm load)

hey,

alright i have a clarion 1000.1 mono block amp, it has an automatic switch internally to change from a 4 ohm load to a 2 ohm load...

when i wire my SVC 4ohm subs in parralel, the amp cuts out alot earlier then it should, however if i wire them in series (8ohm  load) then it works, and the subs are loud...

so my question is, should i be running my subs at a 8 ohm load with the amp running at 4ohms... or should i just run it in parraell(2ohm) and just have my subs noty as loud as possible....

i think the switch for the load has been swtch so many times it is either stuck in 4 ohms, or just doesnt know the difference... can anyone help me???

take that amp back to the store of call up a clarion tech

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

ok i got it fixed, i dont know how or why, but this time when i hooked it up in parralell it doesnt cut out until its oober turned up...so yea i think i got it figured out...i got vereything at 2 ohms... so far so good, and my new box sounds LOUD!!!(for 2 clarion tens that is...)

Archived