Kryptonitewhite's Pics And Vids Build Log Fi Ib3 18" And 22"

We shopped for a Buick Rendezvous or Pontiac Aztac so we could get >18 cubes and still have room for kids, grocieries and such and avoid getting a minivan. Explorers, Blasers, Bravadas, and the like we'ren't nearly enough.

Basically we are walling the hatchback. >20 cubes, 8" port. This is temporary until a 21" or 22" driver of similar specs is finished. ( >30mm Xmax, <20Hz Fs)

I originally designed it to have the sub on top and port on bottom, but once the 22" is in, side by side works better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

IB3 22"

so your getting a 21"-22" sub custom built?

or looking on the market for one?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

using the IB sub in a wall

isnt that a no no?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

so your getting a 21"-22" sub custom built?

or looking on the market for one?

Scott of Fi is working on the IB3 22" that is supposed to have the same Vd as two IB3 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

He's also doing an auto version more suited for in-car.

Kevin Haskins of Exodus Audio is working on a 21" Maelstrom-X to get by until he can get costs down to do the 21" Sicko, implementing the Parthenon motor and a 4" 4000 RMS coil :D

IB3 22"

thays a lot of stuff u want to stick in there

Thats why we were looking for the minivan sized SUV's... the exploder, blaser, and bravada's weren't nearly large enough, but significantly cheaper and gas guzzlers. 3.4 L engine, but they still get up and go... well, before 6-60lb batteries, a 22", all those amps and that wood....

IB3 22"

using the IB sub in a wall

isnt that a no no?

well, I prefer to call it a sub with 30mm Xmax and 22Hz Fs, just right for my tastes.... but even if I put it in there "IB" it wouldn't be, IB requires a minimum of 10 times the Vas of each driver on each side, the IB3 18's Vas is 13.7 cubes... so i'd need a minimum of 137 cubes on each side of it....

these might be redundant, but they go in this thread anyway:

a little aqward :P

free air 16Hz or 20Hz

bass i love you free air aprox 4.5 - 18 watts according to DMM... demo just to show 7Hz signal is lowest, not 18Hz in that track

DMM showing 5.7 volts during 7Hz tone, 6x6=36 watts/2 ohm= 18 watts

no more than 12 watts DMM

IB3 22"

Archived